Hacking Do ps4 DLCS have to be backported to 5.05 as well to work? If yes which tool to use and steps?

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Success in backporting PS4 updates to 5.05, what about dlcs? DLCS of jumpforce not working on backported updated game 1.15.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably. on the ps3 at least, the files are encrypted. I think on the ps4 they're placed in the sandbox partition just like games. what kinds of files do you have for it?

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have tried backporting dlc using modded warfare tool but no success in building the pkg. No success in direct backporting or marrying the game..
I feel I should try one more thing, that is input PKG as dlc and base pkg as the updated pkg.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a theme? you may need to create an unlock pkg. I've created one before, but I can't remember how to do it. I'm pretty sure the instructions are in @KiiWii 's guide. it's not hard, but remember the theme will go back to being locked if you change it.

Reactions: KiiWii

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
which app would you sugguest to unpack the contents?? i am not having any luck with pkg viewer (list contents) option...

any other app??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just unpacked a trials fusion dlc I had:

upload_2020-7-25_23-39-22.png

the .dat are probably edats. those files are encrypted. plus, there's the sfo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, to extract is under "extra."

Reactions: teamlocust

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
cant we use any ps3 method to decrypt these??
also if these are encrypted, how come the spiderman dlc is freely available and decrypted for easy install??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the ps4 has different versions/levels, but it probably does. on the ps3, version is at the bottom. the edats were just unlock licenses that had no real data. I once read that sony used images of flowers to make them contain some data, but all that's important is the encryption license or klicense which you got from the eboot.bin in most cases.

here's what it looks like on the ps3 (from ratchet and clank) version 4.0.0:

upload_2020-7-25_23-54-52.png

as you can see, the version is at the bottom. I don't think the .dat is an edat anymore if that's what they're called on the ps4 fake pkgs, so the version is nonexistent.

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i suspect the spiderman dlc is from game of the year disc which would sugguest only this particular game has dlc available to download and install.... But i know the disc is definitely not 5.05 fw but higher... So someone has decrypted the dlcs....

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno. game of the year games on the 360 usually have a 0'd out license, since it can't have your user data on the disc obviously, so you don't even need to make it free.

you might try hex comparing the license.dat for both dlcs. HxD can do this.

teamlocust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
here the problem is not license per se...
you see i forgot to mention that dlcs in question here do install without any errors whatsoever...
Also after installing the dlcs you can see that they get linked with the game as well.
Only not visible in game...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I assumed that one or both of the dat files were causing the issue. the preserved.dat I have is blank, so it's probably used with pfs in some way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either