Do PS1 games have more lag than in the PS2?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of converting PS1 games manually to run at 60Hz than 50Hz on PAL systems, isn't there an option for them PAL users to make the console default to NTSC/60Hz?

Multiman allows to change the region of BD/DVDs which is great, but this is a different issue.

If I had owned a hacked PS3 during 2010~2015 I'd have bought tons of Blu-rays from around the world (thankfully only three regions but still) though due to the region lock I lost interest, and the "please update your firmware to watch your Blu-ray" did not help.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Instead of converting PS1 games manually to run at 60Hz than 50Hz on PAL systems, isn't there an option for them PAL users to make the console default to NTSC/60Hz?

Multiman allows to change the region of BD/DVDs which is great, but this is a different issue.

If I had owned a hacked PS3 during 2010~2015 I'd have bought tons of Blu-rays from around the world (thankfully only three regions but still) though due to the region lock I lost interest, and the "please update your firmware to watch your Blu-ray" did not help.

Could you tell me what did you mean with the last paragraph? What do the latest FW updates offer regarding Blu-ray? Without them one can't play recent Blu-ray in the PS3?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell me what did you mean with the last paragraph? What do the latest FW updates offer regarding Blu-ray? Without them one can't play recent Blu-ray in the PS3?
Sony wouldn't allow users to watch Blu-rays without updating the firmware. I remember I had no internet connection and because the console was on an older fw it wouldn't let me watch the BD I bought. 😠

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's aacs actually. I messed up.

What are those?

Sony wouldn't allow users to watch Blu-rays without updating the firmware. I remember I had no internet connection and because the console was on an older fw it wouldn't let me watch the BD I bought. 😠

But does that go for all Blu-rays or just recent ones? I've never heard of that and I find it odd.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
gaming mode isn't the be all end all of lag with some TVs, i have one where the gaming mode actually makes things lag more "for the sake of image quality"
That makes no sense, literally the entire point of game mode is to reduce latency. On some modern TVs it also does other things, like enabling VRR/FreeSync.

Reactions: xoINARIox

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That makes no sense, literally the entire point of game mode is to reduce latency. On some modern TVs it also does other things, like enabling VRR/FreeSync.
20200818_180808.jpg

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why the PS2s have some problems with some PS2 game discs. Do these problems affect the PS2 Slim more than the Fat one?
The reason why some games have problems is because the emulation isn't good enough.

The reason why it's different on different ps2's is because they changed the IOP

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Blu-ray movies/shows.

I'd hope they got rid of that stupid requirement, but I doubt it. Test it yourself.

Do you know why the "Disable content scan on startup" webMAN MOD setting is unchecked? How will webMAN MOD reflect the changes made to the external HDD where my PS3 games are, then?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's normal. I have it disabled on my 360 as well, because it just slows things down when most of the time you're not adding new games. it's advised to keep it like that with both systems.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's normal. I have it disabled on my 360 as well, because it just slows things down when most of the time you're not adding new games. it's advised to keep it like that with both systems.

Why is it advised to keep it this way? Does it increase the likelihood of freezing my PS3? Also, some of my games only have the right icons after running them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, it slows down the system having to scan at every boot. makes no sense unless you're adding games at every boot, by which I'd say you have a piracy problem then.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like I said, it slows down the system having to scan at every boot. makes no sense unless you're adding games at every boot, by which I'd say you have a piracy problem then.

Does the PS2 Classics Launcher mentioned in webMAN MOD's GitHub repository need to be used when webMAN MOD already reads PS2 games?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

But if dozens of games are added (even if assuming more won't be added after that), does that mean that setting must be enabled? If so, will it take a lot of time? And what about after doing it and disabling the setting, will it take a lot of time to list all the games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: