Do people not understand that continued support for the 3DS is good for the Switch?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by kingfrost, Jun 7, 2018.

1. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    i read it and you suggest consumers "wants" determine a companies . . . no an industry financial path and that is not how it works. its not wants that dictate their actions its the sale chart written up at the end of the fiscal year (and quarterly's but i digress) the point is they dont care what any of us gamers actually want the focus is on what we actually buy

and as a true answer to your op's question people will be upset and it wont matter as they will still buy the console (because people dont matter . . . their money however does)

Last edited by wormdood, Jun 8, 2018
  2. kingfrost
    OP

kingfrost GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    To whoever said I have to let go of the past I own a Switch and a PS4. Not a Microsoft console because of the 360 mess and being personally part of recall nightmare that everyone glosses over now.

And you guys can't honestly expect th Switch to be part of the next gen. You might as well throw third party support out the window because the PS5 and Xbox Whatever will be more powerful and PC already is. Unless you're part of the multiplat streaming team it's just not releastic.

Also if the past was really forgotten why are people complain that the Switch lacls virtual console which is support for old games or getting excited about Wii U ports. This whole forgot the past so you can pay for it again thing is so overplayed with this console generation.

I'm saying that this negativity toward generations and video games has done nothing but allow predatory game companies to prey on us all while we're all busy having fan wars. It's sad and just a bit pathetic. Especially when the fan wars are between the same company's consoles.

Show me proof that the Switch is next gen because every article I see says it's part of the current gen. You guys just want it to be next gen so you can say it will get more support.

People were upset that Sony supported the PS3 for so long even though the PS4 also got most of the games. There are people on here who will defend microtransactions as part of games no matter what and if that's the future I will try to hold onto the past because the future isn't all that bright.

3. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't even understand why they see it as a problem, is not like the 3ds is taking games away from the switch.

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    What would you consider evidence? Graphic superiority? or something else?

If I'm reading you correctly, it'll be difficult to show "proof" until microsoft's and sony's next console comes out and games are released on them and switch.

5. kingfrost
    OP

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Anything from Nintendo saying this. Hell anything from anyone who's involved in the industry saying this. And the Switch will get games for however long remains of this generation. Although Nintendo doesn't have the best current track record of support, the PS3 got new games as late as last year and yet was still previous generation doing so.

I even looking more for this next gen claim and found nothing but people saying it was current gen. I

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    ask yourself what generation means. . . just because its comparable to a ps3 more so than ps4 does not mean its in ps3's generation

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Its kind of a ridiculous question really. Since the Wii Nintendo has been making significant sacrifices in terms of power in order to enable their special gimmicks within the same price point. AAA ports from ps4/xbone are only showing up when they are 60 FPS games that can be downscaled to 30 on the Switch. That's literally half the speed of these other consoles! It doesn't really matter what generation you call them, they aren't in the same ballpark as Sony / Microsoft, even as they bring uniquely desirable portability to the table.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jun 9, 2018
  8. kingfrost
    OP

May 29, 2018
    United States
    That's not what I said. I said the PS3 is still getting games because someone said the Switch will still get games when the PS5 and Xbox Whatever come out. I said it was current gen in response to them saying it was the first next gen console. So I guess you didn't read the rest of the thread.

You're asking me? I never made a big deal out of it's generation; the people replying to my comment did saying it was the first next gen console. You didn't read the thread either then?

9. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Switch is so under-power that is not even pair with PS3

10. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Switch is much stronger than PS3/XBOX360.
    It's close to the XONE in raw power.

11. kingfrost
    OP

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Do you have any proof? Because when I research I see no proof of it. Or is this like claiming it's next gen?

I love my Switch but so many people want to spread false information I have to be leery .

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  12. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
  13. kingfrost
    OP

May 29, 2018
    United States

You linked me to another forum. If this was true someone other a forum poster would have posted it. I would assume that it would be hard to tell anyway with the Switch underclocked and the Cell Processor being good for different games and tasks than the ARM in the Switch.

But of course that doesn't sound as good.

14. GhostHero182

GhostHero182 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2017
    United States
    A universe where Rayman 4 came out
    I know this is a bit unrelated but the Famicom lasted until 2007 in Japan.

SomeRandomWeeb likes this.