Do online games work at the moment, (Like online play?)

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by petethepug, Apr 12, 2017.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So, I know some features can be accessed right now like the eshop, friend list, news, etc... But I don't know if its my system, or what. I can't play online in certain games,

And I looked on the Switches payed online info, but still, extremely confused at the moment how the "free trial" is setup at the moment.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    What games are you trying to play? I know that at least FAST RMX works online

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I've played online in Fast RMX, Bomberman and Splatoon 2 Global Testfire. Works like you'd expect.

4. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    So far I have only had this issue with Bomberman R, but I don't know if that's becuase no one plays the game, or if it's becuase of a hardware issue.

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    afaik, once you make your first account it will tell you that the free trail has started. You will also need to be on 2.0+, as 1.0 doesn't have online added

6. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I do remember having something like that in the news or eshop section (I can't remember.) And it took me to this page
    http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/ or something similar like this

I updated to 2.0.1 Firmware so at the moment I am on the latest, all online services like connecting to online menus, eshop, using news, etc... Are fine. But i'm unsure about online games with strangers working or not.

Has anyone connected in game but have no results for for playing online, like in a lobby with people? Once again I have only tried Bomberman so.

7. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Got bombermana play it online easily.
    IF you can get to the eshop with your account, you should be able to get online and play bomberman with that same account.

8. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Try setting network connection to worldwide

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

9. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    it works theres nothing extra you have to do. like with the splatoon 2 testfire you just hop online as usual