Do o3ds is better than n3ds in cfw and hack?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NeoSlyde, Jan 9, 2016.

1. NeoSlyde
    OP

NeoSlyde GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2015
    Macau
    Morocco
    Im just saying that because a friend got a n3ds and always he got problems for downgrading and installing cfw
    For downgrading he tried 12 times (5 softbriking)
    And now he cant install cfw
    And me with my o3ds i did all this in 1 shoot 1 try

2. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    it's different for everyone really, took me 5 tries with my 2DS I've heard people getting cfw on their first try with a N3DS

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    The o3ds is indeed better for downgrading because of the code the downgrader is written with. It even warns not to try on the n3ds because they never tested it. Hack wise, both systems have their advantages over the other. Example: o3ds/2ds can boot from mset once you install the cia mset downgrade if above 4.5. Hacks run smoother and don't take hours to get working properly. The n3ds, hacks can take advantage of that beautiful quad core cpu it has. Which means better homebrew, ability to play with cpu clock speeds on certain CFW, plays newer games that the o3ds can't. But sometimes booting hax and downgrading is a major pain. I can only say this because I have a o3ds,2ds, and new 3ds xl systems that I've been tinkering with.

4. NeoSlyde
    OP

NeoSlyde GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2015
    Macau
    Morocco
    but how we can bypass 9.5 emunand in n3ds?