Do not use Patreon for ad removal.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Patreon has the extremely dumb system where if you pay "for a month", you do NOT pay for 30 days, but rather the end of the current month, which I find extremely unfair since if you pay on the 29th of a month, you only get 1 day, for the same price as a month if you bought it on the 1st.

Please use ANYTHING else than that site. If I pay for a month, I want to pay for a full month, and not for how long is left of the current month.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Patreon has the extremely dumb system where if you pay "for a month", you do NOT pay for 30 days, but rather the end of the current month, which I find extremely unfair since if you pay on the 29th of a month, you only get 1 day, for the same price as a month if you bought it on the 1st.

Please use ANYTHING else than that site. If I pay for a month, I want to pay for a full month, and not for how long is left of the current month.
I think this was a really recent change? I know it's had a load of backlash from creators, so here's hoping it's reversed. It definitely used to work by you paying the same day you subscribed each month.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

I beg you dont cry

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose it is also worth saying the Patreon stuff isn't automatic. If you just paid for one month and told somebody your payment date, I see no reason why they wouldn't just leave you with the Patron status for a full month.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First idea: Subscribe on the 1st of a month.
Second idea: Contact the admin. shaunj66 stated that you can support the site by other means.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/becoming-a-patreon-with-paypal-but-without-cc.559022/

I didn't have the problem anyway. When I signed up at Patreon it was more a waiting game when they would finally charge my credit card and if I remember that correctly it was at the beginning of the next month while I got the Patron status on GBAtemp the same day I subscribed.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First idea: Subscribe on the 1st of a month.
Second idea: Contact the admin. shaunj66 stated that you can support the site by other means.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/becoming-a-patreon-with-paypal-but-without-cc.559022/

I didn't have the problem anyway. When I signed up at Patreon it was more a waiting game when they would finally charge my credit card and if I remember that correctly it was at the beginning of the next month while I got the Patron status on GBAtemp the same day I subscribed.
That thread doesn't state where else can I subscribe.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They won't respond.
The admins are rather busy people and they tend to take a minute to reply to messages. @shaunj66 tends to be pretty quick with handling most issues but he's currently not online. You may also be able to talk to a Super or someone of equal power, like @Chary (who has replied in this thread.) It seems like if there is an issue, then you can just contact the staff they can handle it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b