Hacking Do Not Use Current SoftMii Downloads

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi this is just to be on the safe side as some people have had a few issues with parts of the pack. DigityDogs and I are fixing it as we speak to make things correct.

We will post the LU64 fix on it's own later today to allow LU64 users to enable homebrew,and loaders etc....Please only use this fix if you are LU64 or on a wii which is unmoddable from another region.

I would also advise you NEVER DOWNGRADE these wii's as it causes a brick as I have said from the start.

We will update people accordingly and can only say sorry for the problems people have encountered but can assure you this will not happen again.

EDIT - If anyone bricked from the pack and has not fixed there Wii as of yet, please pm either myself or digitydog so we can try and put a fix in place for you with the 3.0 pack. Please give as much info as possible.

SoftMii Team

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please keep the pm's coming - it can but help.
tongue.gif

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Skarface05,

I have not used the pack yet. Thanks for the warning. Can you tell me if I will be able to install v3 if I have cIOS's, HBC, SD card features all working fine (upgraded from 3.2) but upgraded through Nintendo instead of Wanni's upgrader? I keep reading you had to use Wanni's. Thanks!

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running 2.9.7 on system menu 4.0U now, i have a LU64 but i had previously ran softmii 2.1.1 fine, apparently my lu64 was one of the first rolled out and wasnt affected.

unheared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was on softmii 2.1.1, then installed softmii 2.9.7, then updated my wii it was working on 4.0.
but NO hack or back up would play, so i went back installed SoftMii Firmware Downgrader". Once i ran the program, I selected my System Menu version which is 4.0 E as my wii is pal a message came up.

change your shop to match your firmware region ?
if you do not, your wii willbe semibricked !!
a to continue or b to cancel

I pressed B cancel

then got another message

change your region to match your firmware region ?
if you do not, your wii willbe semibricked !!a to continue or b to cancel

I pressed B cancel

now when i start my wii its has a black screen

but preloader runs
smile.gif
so not all bad and then load home brew channel

and if load the SoftMii Firmware Downgrader its loads I select 4.0 e
this time i press a to both
I get error rev= 102

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 2.95 on a 4.0U wii, right now. I did not install CIOSCORP, only rev11, the preinstaller and used the tweaks to put a RB sysmen and a custom healthscreen on my wii. When I ran the downgrader, I found the same errors as the poster above me..

QUOTE said:
change your shop to match your firmware region ?
if you do not, your wii willbe semibricked !!
a to continue or b to cancel

I pressed B cancel

then got another message

change your region to match your firmware region ?
if you do not, your wii willbe semibricked !!a to continue or b to cancel

I pressed B cancel

I just went ahead with it and figured that it didn't work since I was already on 4.0. I haven't had any problems, although I've only used the Wii to play an original game through the disc channel since then.

I'm usually one to sit around and wait for everyone else to play with these programs when they are first released, but I really wanted a custom sysmenu and healthscreen. Luckily, my Wii still seems to be fully functional.

unheared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thecyanaura
was your wii 4.0 to start with ?
if so its just that the guide stated

use SoftMii Firmware Downgrader and upgrade to 4.0 - NEVER DOWNGRADE. Downgrading would brick your Wii.

does this mean there is no going back ????

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the cioscorp wads that came with Softmii 2.9.5, was there anything wrong with them?

Should I run the Softcorp installer when 3.0 comes out?

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ unheard...

yes, I was on 4.0U already, updated through Wani's 4.0 updater package.

I'll be honest, this actually scares me a bit b/c I was messing around with Healthii (didn't yet realize mymenu was the deal) and tried to install a custom health screen through the tweaks .dol. well, I didn't attach the health screen to the .csm file like I was supposed to and it semi-bricked my wii so that I only got a black screen.

booted preloader and figured that the best way to fix this was to use the "downgrader" to get my 4.0 menu back. it didn't work and it gave me the same error as I mentioned in the previous post. so then I just installed the Rock Band .csm file that I had initially used and viola! I was back up and running.

preloader is great. I've been hacked for about 8 months or so now and I never had preloader until .29 came out. needless to say, I didn't do much hacking to my Wiii before I knew I had some type of brick protection. Now that I'm getting a little brave, this makes me want to chill out.

unheared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
see i never did any .csm hacks but i do have the black screen
frown.gif

but i am sure preloader and the hbc can get back my menu.
thank you for you info i am sure it will help others to just as it has me

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@unheared

Launch HBC from preloader and re-install preloader. That should take care of you. The black screen is because your Wii was set to load the system menu with IOS/cIOS60. Preloader moved (or renamed?) the file that loads the system menu and patched IOS60 to reflect that. When upgrading and/or using cIOSCORP, IOS60 was overwritten. Reinstalling preloader will patch IOS60 again and you will be fine.

unless you have a totally different problem. Either way doing so will not hurt you or brick you any more than you are
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/