Homebrew DO NOT UPDATE TO 10.2 IF YOU WANT ESHOP ACCESS

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm guessing when he talks "everything 9.2 users claim to want" it's everything legal they claim to want, i.e. the legitimate reasons they name for wanting kernel access instead of just using it for theft.
Really, the only thing i want >FW9.2 is eShop access.

Might actually be possible with 2.5, if you launch the eShop via R5 and use the "romhack" method of altering the executing code to patch out the firmware check. I don't really know anything about how the checks work in detail though, but i'm still excited.

Haha, i called it yesterday.

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well smea basically confirmed that its gonna be an eshop spoofer :P
A dude asked him when was hax 2.5 releasing and that he wanted tri force heroes realllyyy bad... and smea responded: dont worry its coming out soon.... *-*

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On another topic regarding spoofing, I wonder if smealum has another trick up his sleeve that allows us to spoof our firmware so we can play newer 3DS titles. From my knowledge there's no way to bypass any "on cart" updates which is a shame.

There aren't many super new 3DS titles at the moment that I'm interested in save for perhaps Triforce Heroes, but I'd greatly appreciate a development like that just so I can play these games without worrying about updating my 3DS.

I am super excited regardless though. Now the one thing I disliked about sticking at 9.9 is about to fade away for good!
This can be a good thing as well. If we can spoof the firmware, we could make a game cart think the 3DS is on a wrong firmware. Use a cart with 9.2 or lower, and install the update over your current firmware.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This can be a good thing as well. If we can spoof the firmware, we could make a game cart think the 3DS is on a wrong firmware. Use a cart with 9.2 or lower, and install the update over your current firmware.
Downgrade isn't so easy as you said!

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol good thing i'm not updating any of my systems

arrow-down.gif

D

Deleted User

Welp, I just updated it for Tri Force Heroes demo from eShop. I have OoT3Dhax left.........

Anyway, I didn't update my brother's 3DS too so I can re-install OoT3Dhax for mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5