Hacking Do I really need mset?!?

kingraa777

boom!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a o3ds on fw 3.0.0.e and a 3ds xl with fw 9.2 , is it essential I buy a nds r4 or can I still install cfw for cias ?!? Many thanks as I am picking up up the fw 3.0.0 3ds tommorow and don't want to have to wait to order an r4 card ,I do own a sky3ds as well

Cant I just use sky to update the 3.0.0 one to 9.2 ?!?
Many thanks

Last edited by kingraa777,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a o3ds on fw 3.0.0.e and a 3ds xl with fw 9.2 , is it essential I buy a nds r4 or can I still install cfw for cias ?!? Many thanks as I am picking up up the fw 3.0.0 3ds tommorow and don't want to have to wait to order an r4 card ,I do own a sky3ds as well

Many thanks
Use your sky to update the 3.0 one to 4.x. Then install rxtools and update to 9.2 using sysupdater/devMode.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Many thanks
if you update with sky you will get 9.2.0-0E not 9.2.0-20E and you will have no browser and you will need to update

D

Deleted-236924

You say you are on 3.0.0 but is it 3.0.0-0E? You haven't specified.

if you update with sky you will get 9.2.0-0E not 9.2.0-20E and you will have no browser and you will need to update

That is fine, they can then load up Cubic Ninja for ninjhax2 and run rxTools through that.

kingraa777

boom!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I don't need to worry about getting a nds r4 for mset ?what is mset for anyway? Just a ds mode exploit ?

So update to 4.5 with Luigi's mansion then install rxtools and update to 9.2 right?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason you need to update 4.x first is because 5x-9.2 exploits will not work unless you have a browser

mset is the exploit on 4.x that doesn't require a browser

-update to 4.x using a cart
-use rxtools devmode to update to 9.2 with a browser
-homemenuhax

Last edited by Adeka,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You say you are on 3.0.0 but is it 3.0.0-0E? You haven't specified.

That is fine, they can then load up Cubic Ninja for ninjhax2 and run rxTools through that.
the reason you need to update 4.x first is because 5x-9.2 exploits will not work unless you have a browser

mset is the exploit on 4.x that doesn't require a browser

-update to 4.x using a cart
-use rxtools devmode to update to 9.2 with a browser
-homemenuhax
@Adeka Technically you can use Ninjhax2 on 9.2 with no browser. But yeah it's easier to just do it properly (4.x then devMode/sysupdater for 9.2) :-p

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

No you can´t if you don´t have browser ninjhax will not run

Come again?

Ninjhax1 requires a browser from -7 and up. Ninjhax2 doesn't.
Unless the "Browser for US" in BigBlueMenu that I deleted isn't the entire browser.

(Do note that browser and NVer are separate, but they are usually updated alongside each other.)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: wormdood

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Come again?

Unless the "Browser for US" in BigBlueMenu that I deleted isn't the entire browser.

(Do note that browser and NVer are separate, but they are usually updated alongside each other.)

are you still able to launch the browser from the home menu?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Come again?

i didn´t knew that but even if ninjhax work you better update to 4.x and if you need coldboot you need to update to 9.2.0-20 via devmode on rxtools but the coldboot is likely to fail most of the times mset is better

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch the video.

I'm pretty sure there is more than just that.

When you deleted the web browser using bigbluemenu, did it show -0 in the system settings?

And I you that you were able to download and used the payload corresponding to -7, was that the one you had before deleting it?

D

Deleted-236924

I'm pretty sure there is more than just that.

When you deleted the web browser using bigbluemenu, did it show -0 in the system settings?

And I you that you were able to download and used the payload corresponding to -7, was that the one you had before deleting it?
Take a look at Ninjhax2 website yourself and the homebrew launcher website for otherapp payloads. The number at the end does not matter at all when picking a payload, and you said it yourself before: the NVer is pretty much merely cosmetic to make it appear as -XX
Weren't you accusing the other person last time in the other thread of simply spoofing the firmware as v1.0.0-0 but that they actually still had a browser hidden?

I didn't show it clearly in the video but you can briefly see that I picked 10.3.0-7U payload. You can however test for yourself that picking any number at the end gives the same QR code.

And the one I had before deleting it? I didn't have it before deleting it because 1: that was a fresh install of ninjhax and 2: it wouldn't matter

Similarly, I had payload for 10.3.0-28U for oot3dhax and that worked after getting rid of the browser. There is also a reason why oot3dhax installer doesn't actually let you specify the last number, because it does not matter.

Last edited by ,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at Ninjhax2 website yourself and the homebrew launcher website for otherapp payloads. The number at the end does not matter at all when picking a payload, and you said it yourself before: the NVer is pretty much merely cosmetic to make it appear as -XX
Weren't you accusing the other person last time in the other thread of simply spoofing the firmware as v1.0.0-0 but that they actually still had a browser hidden?

I didn't show it clearly in the video but you can briefly see that I picked 10.3.0-7U payload. You can however test for yourself that picking any number at the end gives the same QR code.

And the one I had before deleting it? I didn't have it before deleting it because 1: that was a fresh install of ninjhax and 2: it wouldn't matter

Similarly, I had payload for 10.3.0-28U for oot3dhax and that worked after getting rid of the browser. There is also a reason why oot3dhax installer doesn't actually let you specify the last number, because it does not matter.

Yes that was me accussing him of faking it and I still have some doubts about it.

I say this because I myself had a 8.1.0-0J New 3DS and you can't get Ninjhax 2.5 (Beggining by the fact that the minimum FW is 9.0 in the website), so I even asked Smea himself in twitter if he would ever make an update to support it and he said that it wasn't possible because Ninjhax 2.5 needed a browser to work, either Spider or Skater.

Now to my second point, as far as I had understanded things is that the exploit used to run Gateway and rxTools from 4.5 - 9.2 was found in the web browser, hence everyone calling it "web browser exploit".

Now, the guy claimed to have a native -0 system, updating to 9.2 via game cart and running rxTools off of Ninjhax 2.5 - But where did get kernel access???

Ninjhax 2.5 is strictly userland (at least to us), can you explain to me how is it possible to boot rxTools if no browser is found? If there is no web browser to access said kernel exploit?, there wouldn't be a way to boot rxTools/PastaCFW, only HBL 2.5 at best... And we know this because you can run HBL in >9.2 but there is no kernel exploit to access rxTools.

Your case is different because you only deleted a title from your system, we don't really know if that complete cleans every bit of information about the web browser.

Last edited by Tony_93,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that was me accussing him of faking it and I still have some doubts about it.

I say this because I myself had a 8.1.0-0J New 3DS and you can't get Ninjhax 2.5 (Beggining by the fact that the minimum FW is 9.0 in the website), so I even asked Smea himself in twitter if he would ever make an update to support it and he said that it wasn't possible because Ninjhax 2.5 needed a browser to work, either Spider or Skater.

Now to my second point, as far as I had understanded things is that the exploit used to run Gateway and rxTools from 4.5 - 9.2 was found in the web browser, hence everyone calling it "web browser exploit".

Now, the guy claimed to have a native -0 system, updating to 9.2 via game cart and running rxTools off of Ninjhax 2.5 - But where did get kernel access???

Ninjhax 2.5 is strictly userland (at least to us), can you explain to me how is it possible to boot rxTools if no browser is found? If there is no web browser to access said kernel exploit?, there wouldn't be a way to boot rxTools/PastaCFW, only HBL 2.5 at best... And we know this because you can run HBL in >9.2 but there is no kernel exploit to access rxTools.

Your case is different because you only deleted a title from your system, we don't really know if that complete cleans every bit of information about the web browser.

First I'd like to see proof that Smea said it needed a browser. Second, seriously read up before you post things like this, Brahma can be executed from ninjhax, and similarly Brahma2 can be executed in ninjhax 2.x... What is Brahma? It is a privelage escalation exploit that can run arm11 and arm9 payloads (aka CFW payloads, like rxTools)

You honestly sound really ignorant (come to think if it you ARE ignorant :P) when you post things like this, learn first before telling people they are wrong.

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kingraa777 Well, aparently I've been mistaken all along, feel free to disregard everything I said and don't get a crappy flashcart that you won't need.

Jump from 3.0 straight to 9.2, install Ninjhax and get rxTools from there since you don't need a web browser.

Good night everyone ;)

Reactions: kingraa777
D

Deleted-236924

If you need an exploit in the browser to actually run rxTools, then that might be a different story altogether.
But you say exploit to run Gateway and rxTools was found on the web browser, but... people with 8.1J systems that come with no browser can run GW just fine through Cubic Ninja or OoT, it's even their only option. So I'd be inclined to believe that it should work to run rxTools too.

As to actually test this, I'd have to delete my browser from my sysnand, if that is true then I wouldn't have a way to get back into cfw at all not even to re-install the browser, so I'll let someone with a hardmod test it if they care enough ;)

I thought Ninjhax required the Internet Browser to install the exploited save... :unsure:
As far as I know, Ninjhax1 yeah.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...