Homebrew do I need to use saltysd in order to rom hack with a9lh??

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to have my rom hacks be patches because they would be quicker to add hacks/mods etc. I don't want to extract a cia and install every time I need to modify for a game with newer mods... I heard that salty sd is needed for smash bros and newer games like pokemon SuMo to be modified....

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No saltysd is not needed but it is so easy and works on old 3ds without repacking so its really recommended.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever used edits on Super Smash Bros. Brawl through Riivolution? SaltySD is pretty much like that, you also should keep in mind where files and folders are, pk3DS can display the directories and such. Once you know that, it's not really difficult. For example, the only ROM mod I have is the Tauros riding theme replaced by Iron Maiden's "The Trooper," all I need, at least for now.

Reactions: DarkRioru

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever used edits on Super Smash Bros. Brawl through Riivolution? SaltySD is pretty much like that, you also should keep in mind where files and folders are, pk3DS can display the directories and such. Once you know that, it's not really difficult. For example, the only ROM mod I have is the Tauros riding theme replaced by Iron Maiden's "The Trooper," all I need, at least for now.
how did you change the music?? I need to know... I have been wanting to make a meme based super mystery dungeon game like forever now...

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you change the music?? I need to know... I have been wanting to make a meme based super mystery dungeon game like forever now...

If you have saltysd set up, the directory saltysd/SunMoon, and the appropriate code.bin or .ips file, it's as simple as having the directory data/sound in the saltysd directory, the file must be bcstm and it must have the name of the track you want to replace. For example, "bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm" is that of when you battle Hau.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have saltysd set up, the directory saltysd/SunMoon, and the appropriate code.bin or .ips file, it's as simple as having the directory data/sound in the saltysd directory, the file must be bcstm and it must have the name of the track you want to replace. For example, "bgm_nj_vs_friend.dspadpcm" is that of when you battle Hau.
holy shit, that sounds so easy, a crack induced, laser fried monkey could do it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: