~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do i really NEED to use 3D effect to play 3DS games. Could i just play normally without 3D effect. is a 3D effect on 3DS a requierment so i can play some 3DS games?

like it is requierment on Nintendo DS lite to use touchscreen to play for example zelda spirit tracks, is it requierment to use 3D effect on Nintendo 3DS so i can play some 3DS games?

I ask this because i dont want to use 3D effect, but i REALLY like 3DS console and graphics
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
yaynds.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to, but you should at least turn it on once and play for a while.

It really does bother me that people are saying "Oh I won't like the 3D" before they even try it.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not for most
but for some it might use the 3d in gameplay rather than just graphics
and for tps platformers, u rly want to use it

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
True, not all games will require you to play it in 3D. Maybe a certain amount of games will, or it might just look better in 3D
tongue.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard that turning On 3D effect on 3ds reduces graphical capability of 3DS. Like, when you play a game with 3D effect turned Off the game runs in smooth 60 fps but when you turn 3D feature On the game drops down to 15 fts or whatewer.........

Sorry for my bad english
smile.gif

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
~Wiiloader~ said:
I heard that turning On 3D effect on 3ds reduces graphical capability of 3DS. Like, when you play a game with 3D effect turned Off the game runs in smooth 60 fps but when you turn 3D feature On the game drops down to 15 fts or whatewer.........

Sorry for my bad english
smile.gif
It renders the image two times for the 3D effect so it reduces the fps.Though, I'm wondering how this console can do at full power, on non-3D games?

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mangaTom said:
~Wiiloader~ said:

Sorry for my bad english
smile.gif
It renders the image two times for the 3D effect so it reduces the fps.Though, I'm wondering how this console can do at full power, on non-3D games?
I ewen heard that 3DS will hawe BETTER graphics than Wii........ it will be somewhere betwean Wii and PS3/XBOX360

I'l turn 3D effect on my 3DS always Off. I like smooth and fluid gaming without lagging more than i like 3D effect. I dont need 3D effect so i can hawe fun on Nintendo 3DS. Great games like (Metroid, Mario, Zelda, DoA, MG), Beter graphics, bigger screen and analog stick is enough for me (old school gamer) to hawe fun on my 3DS
smile.gif

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just read some news that if you don't use the 3D, it will has a longer battery time. (With 3D: 3-5 hours, without 3D: ~8 hours)
It will even drain the battery less fast if you turn off the wifi and the brightness all the way down.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
With 3D, yes it renders 2 images, meaning more GPU power to do that in a set amount of time. If the game is already graphically intense, then the GPU might "bottleneck" when trying to render that extra image, which can therefore reduce the frame rate.

Now, it is quite possible that the 2D mode can be enhanced, such as actually rendering two images still, but combined, it could take the form of a 800x240 render, rather than just rendering one and mapping that to both portions of the 3D output. Or, the GPU can be used to improve the single render by how it renders it.

This is all assuming that it handles rendering differently than the DS does.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
That whole thing about turning off the 3D doubles framerate is probably only DOA for now.
DOA is the only one that confirmed the framerate increase, but it's not the only game that will be graphically enhanced in 2D mode. Resident Evil Revelations was confirmed to use 2xAA, and possibly have motion blur when in 2D mode. They also stated that the game played at 30fps in 3D mode, which may be alluding to the possibility of a higher framerate in 2D mode. I'm thinking a fair few games will at least have enhanced graphics in 2D mode, anti aliasing is the most obvious addition they could add.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
TehSkull said:
That whole thing about turning off the 3D doubles framerate is probably only DOA for now.
DOA is the only one that confirmed the framerate increase, but it's not the only game that will be graphically enhanced in 2D mode. Resident Evil Revelations was confirmed to use 2xAA, and possibly have motion blur when in 2D mode. They also stated that the game played at 30fps in 3D mode, which may be alluding to the possibility of a higher framerate in 2D mode. I'm thinking a fair few games will at least have enhanced graphics in 2D mode, anti aliasing is the most obvious addition they could add.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need to as there is a switch to turn it off. Nintendo fucking thinks of everything.

Personally, I won't be using it too often. I might try it a few times on each game I'll have, but not too much more than that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DryYoshi said:
I just read some news that if you don't use the 3D, it will has a longer battery time. (With 3D: 3-5 hours, without 3D: ~8 hours)
It will even drain the battery less fast if you turn off the wifi and the brightness all the way down.
Source?

The 8 hour battery life was mentioned for playing DS games, while I thought 3-5 hours was for 3DS games, with no mention as to whether 3D was enabled or not.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
~Wiiloader~ said:
Do i really NEED to use 3D effect to play 3DS games. Could i just play normally without 3D effect. is a 3D effect on 3DS a requierment so i can play some 3DS games?

like it is requierment on Nintendo DS lite to use touchscreen to play for example zelda spirit tracks, is it requierment to use 3D effect on Nintendo 3DS so i can play some 3DS games?

I ask this because i dont want to use 3D effect, but i REALLY like 3DS console and graphics
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance
yaynds.gif
The 3DS has a depth slider so you can turn off 3D or dim it down.
So to answer, 3d is optional.
You do not NEED 3d.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3d is a gimick
it is most likly to be turned off within a couple of months by users due to not wanting it
or we will get head aches and wont use 3d

im getting it b/c it is a beefier nintendo machine to play my faves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse