"Do i need to update to FW 11.x?" FAQ

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NariIro, May 12, 2017.

1. NariIro
    OP

NariIro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    If this is your question ask yourself this: Is there a LOGICAL reason to update to the latest Firmware? Does it offer anything i cant get with my CFW i have? Are you trying to play online?

If any of these are your questions then this is for you.

Look at the changelog for the Newest Firmware. is there anything MAJOR it brings? (No stability is NOT a reason to update.) Are said features already on the CFW im running? If your Trying to play online the "You must be running the latest Firmware to play online." Error can be avoided (Currently only on 11.3 and below.) by using HTTPWN. All updates for games can be dowloaded via a couple other apps. If your running a CFW (i.E Luma) more then likely the developer is already aware of it and it probably already working on adding the features (If they warrant it.)

TLDR
    If you are running a CFW and want to play online use HTTPWN, Updates to games use your choice of a few apps. And dont be stupid and play games leaked early or cheat.

P.S
    Admins if this isnt allowed please feel free to remove. If youd like me to add anything please let me know. This is just my own write up coming from common questions i have been replying to lately.

Osmosis likes this.
  2. NariIro
    This message by NariIro has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 12, 2017, Reason: Took care of it -rp.
    May 12, 2017
  3. Pro_Sparrow
    This message by Pro_Sparrow has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 12, 2017, Reason: Took care of it -rp.
    May 12, 2017
  4. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    I say no btw Hedge is starting to make ground on dumping the bootrom last thing i saw he managed to echo into the 3ds and started reading data strings it's been slow but going forward (this was on last nights broadcast on twitch)

5. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2016
    NtDH! GA!
    Why would I bother setting up ctr-httpwn if I can just update?

6. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    9.6 or 11.4 are the only good choices right now. You have no good reason to use 11.3 over 9.6 (and 11.4)

7. ComicSANS

ComicSANS Comic sans

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Florida
    Most people say that 11.4 fixes a O3DS slow down thing. i dont know.

8. NariIro
    OP

NariIro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    This post is not meant for just this current new Firmware more like a guideline (bonus points if you know what that line is from.) for ALL firmwares. Its questions i have seen asked many times over. So instead of the other pages getting flooded with said questions i posted this.

Also thank you for placing it in the right forum again saw it AFTER i posted it.

I will update this guide if i come across more commonly asked questions.

9. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Actually, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'd like to go back down to 11.2 so I can run GW payloads.

Only thing that has been holding me back has been online play.

So how do I do this?

I'm assuming updates are found through FreEshop. So how do I setup httpwn? Will it work with GW payloads?

Currently on 11.3 A9LH Luma. I think last FW to work with GW payloads was 11.2. Need to know how to downgrade and how httpwn works and if it will work with GW.

Guide please?

Also would like to know how to bypass online play block for older FW.

This post was kind of a tease if you don't follow it up with "how".

Otherwise, I agree. This is a much better solution. Allows for users to hit that sweet spot without worrying about updating.

Oh, and might want to add a tutorial on how to disable FW updates. Blue light is annoying.

Last edited by Osmosis, May 13, 2017
    NariIro likes this.
  10. NariIro
    OP

NariIro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the feedback I will edit the OP to add those in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015