Hacking Question Do I need to update my Sysnand to 9.0 if I want to use atmosphere 9.0?

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

Sorry for the question, and I think I know the answer, but just want to confirm.

If I want to use Atmosphere 9.0 off my emunand, so I need to update my sysnand to 9.0 as well. I am thinking no, but just wanted to confirm.

As an aside, if I already have games installed on my SD card with emunand, all I would need to do is:
- Drag over the new Atmosphere 9.0 to the SD Card
- Drag over the new Sig patches

Is this correct? Is there anything else that I should do?

Sorry, everything is working on my 8.1, so don't want to screw it up.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, sorry that is what I meant.

On another thread, I saw that something may need to be changed to play carts. Does that impact anything?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
9.0.0 updated introduce software update for cartridge slot. By default Atmosphere 0.9.4 blocks updating it for people who want to use it on lower firmwares. For example you want to have sysnand on 8.1.0, emunand on 9.0.0, play cartridge games on sysnand. So this is for you.
If this would update your cartridge slot, you would never use cartridge slot on sysnand until you would update sysnand to 9.0.0

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciate these responses.

I only ever use my switch in emunand, so it sounds like I will be safe.

As an aside, is what I wrote here correct? Just basically update the atmosphere folder, the sig patches, then good to go? Or do I need to delete anything out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end