Do I need to rebuild updates for rebuilt ROMs?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bache, Oct 8, 2015.

1. bache
    OP

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    I've just created a CIA of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer that works on rxTools, and I'm now being prompted for an update. Do I need to manually download the update CIA and rebuild it, or should it just work right off the bat?

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Assuming you're using a CFW of some sort, and not Gateway: if you're on O3DS the update should work fine if your emuNAND is on 9.6 or higher. On N3DS, the update requires editing the update to set the minimum firmware version to 9.5, since the CFWs currently available don't seem to spoof the firmware version like Gateway does (or at least, Reinand doesn't). Note that a modified update is out in the wild, so you don't have to do the edit for N3DS anymore.

If you're on Gateway, the update should work straight away regardless.

3. bache
    OP

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    I have a Gateway, but I've opted to shift everything over to rxTools so I don't need the cart in. Thanks for the answer too, I'll go fix the update now :).

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    No problem. The edit is pretty simple to do, just edit the exheader of the 64MB file in the update.