ROM Hack Question Do I need to re-backup the sysNAND again if I would like to create another new emuMMC?

PzrrL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am currently using CFW on emuMMC which is a copy from sysNAND. The sysNAND is a clean one and I backup it already before. Because I initialized the sysNAND again, do I need to backup the sysNAND again in order to create a new emuMMC? Or I can just keep one copy (the very first copy) of sysNAND backup then I can initialize as many time as I want for the sysNAND?

My ultimate goal is to backup the emuMMC with Nintendo account signed in. So that whenever I need to initialize the emuMMC again, I can simply use that copy (with Nintendo account signed in) (Restore using ODIN). My problem is that I didn't do the backup of emuMMC before (I will backup the emuMMC partition using ODIN), but now I want a fresh emuMMC with Nintendo account.

I assumed that if I want a fresh emuMMC with Nintendo account, I would need a fresh clean sysNAND with Nintendo account, then I can create an emuMMC using it. The question now is: Do I need to perform another backup of the sysNAND (because I initialized the sysNAND)? I did the backup already when I got my Switch.

(Sorry I suddenly realized I am posting in the wrong section...)

Last edited by PzrrL,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using CFW on emuMMC which is a copy from sysNAND. The sysNAND is a clean one and I backup it already before. Because I initialized the sysNAND again, do I need to backup the sysNAND again in order to create a new emuMMC? Or I can just keep one copy (the very first copy) of sysNAND backup then I can initialize as many time as I want for the sysNAND?

My ultimate goal is to backup the emuMMC with Nintendo account signed in. So that whenever I need to initialize the emuMMC again, I can simply use that copy (with Nintendo account signed in) (Restore using ODIN). My problem is that I didn't do the backup of emuMMC before (I will backup the emuMMC partition using ODIN), but now I want a fresh emuMMC with Nintendo account.

I assumed that if I want a fresh emuMMC with Nintendo account, I would need a fresh clean sysNAND with Nintendo account, then I can create an emuMMC using it. The question now is: Do I need to perform another backup of the sysNAND (because I initialized the sysNAND)? I did the backup already when I got my Switch.

(Sorry I suddenly realized I am posting in the wrong section...)
You don't need to dump your sysMMC, just make emuMMC with the linked Nintendo Account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b