Gaming Do I need to play Pokemon Moon before playing Ultra Moon?

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I need to play Moon first?? And also, for Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, do I need to play Mario and Luisa dream team first??? I know that these questions seem stupid but please help..

P.S. What is "Bowser's Minions" and is it a mode in the Mario and Luigi Superstar saga or a complete separate game??

Thanks a lot guys!!

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you'd need to play Moon before Ultra Moon, as it's an "alternate story" rather than a continued one.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We do not know anything yet on the story of Pokemon.

Regarding mario and luigi, the bowsers minions is a seperate mode. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is a complete remake of the GBA original. So its a complete game. It is the first part in the series. You can play the games in any order although I would recommend you to play superstar saga first so you have a general sense of the characters and such.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should play mainly for the Ultra Beasts. The new games look to limit how many of those you can catch. 1 Pheromosa as opposed to 4 in the original Moon. That's just the impression I got, could be wrong. So, if you care about that, or breeding up a playthrough team to send over on day 1, small trivial things really, then play it. Otherwise, just wait. As far as pokemon and stories, play Black and White if you never did. I recently finished White and I was disappointed in myself that I never played those games until well, a few weeks ago. I skipped over Gen 5, and it's unfortunate because BW had the best main story. BW2 is a good followup in terms of story. And the story of USUM looks loaded, so I'm excited about that, a few months ago my only draw was wishing that tutor moves make it into the games, but now it's far past that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With regard to the story, it appears that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are remakes, not sequels. In other words, no, you don't need to play Pokemon Sun/Moon before playing Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon.

If you don't care about story, then it doesn't matter which games you play and in which order, because all Pokemon games are pretty much the same game.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you get past the second area in Super Star Saga, Bowser's Minions becomes available.

It's essentially a tactical minigame that tells the story of what Bowser's Minions were doing during the events of the game. I don't believe any of it affects your Superstar Saga playthrough, not as far as I've seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over