Hacking Do I need to patch roms to use a Flashcart

pistons4550

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought on r4i Gold (which Im still waiting for) for my dsi and i wanted to know if I have to patch some of the roms in order to play them. I noticed that in the comment section where i got the games, it says that patches are needed by using AR codes but everyone there is using an emulator. I thought since Im playing these on an actual dsi then maybe I dont need the patches. I was planning on playing, platinum, soulsilver, black, black 2, so if anyone has had success with these games please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help

pistons4550

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the info, does anyone know if nds-card.com updates to the latest WOOD before they ship you the flashcart? I know it says on their site that they update to the latest firmware but im not quite sure what they are referring to. Also, I find it odd that many people mention purchasing multiple flashcarts. Is that just for the sake of having more than one or am I perhaps missing something like the carts frequently break?

pistons4550

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOOD is the kernel that fixes games. Firmware update is what they use to bypass the 3DS firmware. I think you can ask them to update WOOD for you. If not, it's still easy to update WOOD; just unzip, drag and drop onto SD card.

EDIT: I noticed you're using a DSi. You need to update the R4 BEFORE updating the DSi. Otherwise, you'd need a 2nd flashcart to run the R4 update.

Yea Im sure I will be able to add WOOD myself. They are sending me over the updated firmware that runs on dsi 1.4.5 and thats currently what Im running so I think I will be fine. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt