Do I need to launch homebrew everytime I need to play games installed by WUP Installer GX2?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TiMoN_, Jun 4, 2017.

1. TiMoN_
    OP

TiMoN_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    I'm about to install homebrew on my Wii U(going to use browser since I can't buy Brain Age with my credit card) then I will use WUP Installer GX2 and I was wondering, do I need to activate homebrew everytime I want to played those pirated games? Or do I only need to activate it once to install them on my NAND/USB then I can just start my Wii U and play them directly?

Thanks!

Last edited by TiMoN_, Jun 4, 2017
  2. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Depends, if the title was installed with a legit ticket then no signature patching is required. If the title was installed with a fake ticket ie: DLC or Eshop only titles then you will need to have signature patching(CFW) active prior to launching those titles.

3. TiMoN_
    OP

TiMoN_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    So games like Mario Maker, 3D World and Yoshis Woolly World can be run without CFW if I use the right region?
    How do I download a legit key game(not links, like tips on how to find the correct typr to dl).

Last edited by TiMoN_, Jun 4, 2017
  4. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Use one of the NUS downloaders like WiiU USB Helper or my app FunKii-UI. Both of which will tell you if a title has a legit ticket available

5. TiMoN_
    OP

TiMoN_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    Used USB Helper to DL those games above, how do I know if I downloaded a legit ticket version and not a fake eshop ticket?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Scratch that, my games are legit.

Anyway, can I use this tutorial to install those games?
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

6. TiMoN_
    OP

TiMoN_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    Holy shit it works, using WUP Installer GX2 with legit games from USB Helper, just finished installing Maker and 3D world and waiting for woolly world and I can run with them without the homebrew files on the SD card.

7. alonzondavis

alonzondavis GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    How did you do this? Is Smash wii u one of those legit titles?

8. PikaArc

PikaArc GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Germany
    use WiiU USB Helper there you can download most games that has a disc with a legit ticket and install it with wupinstaller y mod or wupinstaller gx2

9. TiMoN_
    OP

TiMoN_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    Just like Lennart1911 said, yes I downloaded like every mario game using USB Helper as well as smash bros.

10. PikaArc

PikaArc GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Germany
    ty =)

11. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    AFAIK, WiiU USB helper have a filter option specific to show/hide CFW Only items. So people who come here and doesn't know, try setting it to not bring CFW Only items, so you can download only games that will work without signature patching.

12. PikaArc

PikaArc GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Germany
    the only thing that needs CFW are only e shop games , DLC ,VC Games

13. alonzondavis

alonzondavis GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Thanks all, i was able to get smash downloaded and run mario lart 8 mods through loadiine using the usb game of smash for the boot method.

A quick question, how do I unpack a game to have it loaded through loadiine again? Like an update of the game and such?

14. P_H_I

P_H_I Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2017
    United States
    If it had a physical release, such as Zelda BotW, or Pikmin 3, nope

If it's digital only (including virtual console)