Do I need to install a new cIOS (or IOS)?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kenshin Br, Feb 3, 2010.

Feb 3, 2010
  1. Kenshin Br
    OP

Member Kenshin Br GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    My Wii is originaly japanese. But in 2008 (I think) I installed the Homebrew Channel and turned my Wii in an US Wii with 3.2 firmware.

Since then I've been using the Homebrew channel to chek some simple apps and install some wads.

And that's the point: I'm having problem with wads recently... They keep showing error 1020 on wad installer 1.3.

I also can't play RE:Darkside Chronicles (it can't even start) and No More Heroes 2 keep showing "disc not recoganized" after some time (maybe because I'm using crappy DVDs, but all to other games works just fine).

I would like to have the Nintendo Channel and be able to install wads without problems like before.

I think that I need to update mey cIOS or IOS (because the one I have it old). The Homebrew Channel shows that my IOS is IOS36 v4.18.

I searched on Google and I found a lot of information about cIOS and IOS and then I get really confused about what to do. LOL.

So I here hoping for some help. I would like to have a simple answer, if possible. Wich app I need to install to get what I want or something...

Thanks.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  3. Kenshin Br
    OP

Brazil
    Thank. I will take a look in this (I'm reading right now).

But do anyone knows if there is some kind of problem in uptading IOS on a region hacked Wii? I did not see this info. on this site.

4. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The only region ios's are ios40's korean all others are universal

5. Kenshin Br
    OP

Brazil
    That means that I can do wherever I want. It's like my Wii was originaly from US?

If it is like that, nice. [​IMG]