Do I need to do anything more?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by paulie_m, Mar 4, 2008.

Mar 4, 2008
  1. paulie_m
    OP

Newcomer paulie_m Member

United Kingdom
    Just recieved my Wii back today from having its modchip installed and trying to get Smash Bros working:

I have burned Mario Party and that worked first time without problems.

I have burned Smash Bros after making the edits required for no 15% and dual channels and that just comes to a disc read error.

Do I need to mess around with the firmward of the WiiKey at all? I don't know what the current version is of the key as I didn't install it. I literally have not done anything with it so far.

I know these questions are answered in other topics, but I read so many that I just got even more confused :|

Any help is appreciated.

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Update the wiikey firmware to 1.9g, then use the 1.3 wiikey setup disc to enable REGION FREE, make sure your wii has 3.1/3.2 firmware, burn dual layer smash, and your good to go...

these are the required steps...hope it helps you!

3. paulie_m
    OP

Newcomer paulie_m Member

United Kingdom
    Thank you, yes it does help.

I am pretty happy that I have done everything right and have just burned another game that works fine. So I reckon my Wii dosent like my verbatim discs, have ordered some different ones now, will see how it goes.

4. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think Verbatim DL DVD+R is the way to go for dual layer. I've never had an issue untill today with my copy which now won't work (but it works on other discs, as does the original game) so maybe there are better DL dvd's out there for the wii [​IMG]