Masoud_5april

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi,
First, my question might look foolish, but I need to ask it. A few days ago I created a Nand backup and Key files from my switch and set up the emuMMC. Today I wanted to update the Kosmos and packages so I deleted all files inside SD Card (the main partition) and put the latest version of Kosmos in there. After launching Hekate I saw that my emuMMC is gone so I tried to set up again and worked fine. Now I have some questions:
1. Do I need to create a Nand Backup each time I format my SD card?
2. Why deleting SD contents (e.g updating files with new ones) erase the emuMMC setup. Also, I always see the emuMMC partition empty, why?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
First, my question might look foolish, but I need to ask it. A few days ago I created a Nand backup and Key files from my switch and set up the emuMMC. Today I wanted to update the Kosmos and packages so I deleted all files inside SD Card (the main partition) and put the latest version of Kosmos in there. After launching Hekate I saw that my emuMMC is gone so I tried to set up again and worked fine. Now I have some questions:
1. Do I need to create a Nand Backup each time I format my SD card?
2. Why deleting SD contents (e.g updating files with new ones) erase the emuMMC setup. Also, I always see the emuMMC partition empty, why?

Thanks.
  1. No
  2. Did you format the SD card?

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I could guess as to why your emuMMC got deleted after removing the files was because you used the file based EmuNAND setup?

If you'll use the hidden partition method of emuMMC simply deleting files or moving them to another SD card won't work.
I don't believe you'll need to do a NAND backup of your emuMMC (at least if you use the file based one)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I could guess as to why your emuMMC got deleted after removing the files was because you used the file based EmuNAND setup?

If you'll use the hidden partition method of emuMMC simply deleting files or moving them to another SD card won't work.
I don't believe you'll need to do a NAND backup of your emuMMC (at least if you use the file based one)
I don’t think he used file based emuMMC since it’s really slow. Maybe he deleted the hekate ipl ini or the emuMMC folder and that caused that hekate didn’t recognize emuMMC anymore.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don’t think he used file based emuMMC since it’s really slow. Maybe he deleted the hekate ipl ini or the emuMMC folder and that caused that hekate didn’t recognize emuMMC anymore.
I think it would be best for him to set up emuMMC again and not delete or alter his SD card files from now on.

Masoud_5april

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I just deleted all files inside my first sd partition and replaced with new one.
Also it is strange for me that my EmuMMC partion always is empty but it works fine.
Anyway so if I want to update the atmosphere which files should I replace?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I just deleted all files inside my first sd partition and replaced with new one.
Also it is strange for me that my EmuMMC partion always is empty but it works fine.
Anyway so if I want to update the atmosphere which files should I replace?
Replace all files on your sd card with all files from the latest release.

Reactions: Masoud_5april

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands