Hacking Do I need to buy a new flashcart?

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it turns out it looks like I'm really unlucky. Just the week after I order my R4i Gold, they release a new version of it (the Revision "C", or whatever it's called). It looks like they released the .eu version now, too.

My question is: Do I need to buy the new version of R4i Gold flashcart, or will there be a new version of its firmware that supports 4.5.0 for the version of the flashcart I have (before Revision C)?

Thanks in advance!

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i've had an R4i Gold Plus for a few weeks and so far there's no word on a update to 4.5.0-10, does that mean i'll have to buy a new one soon too?

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the web address of your R4i?

You may be able to update it!

My address is .eu. They put a sticky today on their website saying they were launching a new card and they said they will release a new update patch for R4i Gold, but I don't know if they were talking about the new card or something like that. I just hope I don't have to buy a new one after I bought this one 1 week ago...

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My address is .eu. They put a sticky today on their website saying they were launching a new card and they said they will release a new update patch for R4i Gold, but I don't know if they were talking about the new card or something like that. I just hope I don't have to buy a new one after I bought this one 1 week ago...
What's the website on the sticke of your card?
www.r4ids.cn never said they were going to release a new card.

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the website on the sticke of your card?
www.r4ids.cn never said they were going to release a new card.

The website is "http://www.r4i-gold.eu/"

They didn't say a new flashcart, I think they meant a new version of R4i Gold, the Revision C, or whatever it is... My question is if I have to buy that new version or if they'll eventually release a firmware compatible with the "older" version of R4i Gold I have.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I emailed www.r4ids.cn yesterday, and the got back to me today. Here's the full email screenshot from my phone:

(The bottom is what I wrote, the top was their response back)

zQF9O.png

Nerozone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed www.r4ids.cn yesterday, and the got back to me today. Here's the full email screenshot from my phone:

(The bottom is what I wrote, the top was their response back)

zQF9O.png

The thing is I don't have the rev C card. I bought mine just 1 week before rev C was released. So I wanted to know if my card will eventually work with a future firmware or if everyone will have to change to rev C.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The thing is I don't have the rev C card. I bought mine just 1 week before rev C was released. So I wanted to know if my card will eventually work with a future firmware or if everyone will have to change to rev C.
Since you bought the old product a week before the rev C came out, you should see if they will do an upgrade swap for you, considering the situation. Any *good* company would cater to their customers, and let you upgrade for free, provided that you send them back the old card first.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you bought the old product a week before the rev C came out, you should see if they will do an upgrade swap for you, considering the situation. Any *good* company would cater to their customers, and let you upgrade for free, provided that you send them back the old card first.

No company good or bad is going to swap. Nerozone got what he paid for.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No company good or bad is going to swap. Nerozone got what he paid for.
I know, but it still sucks. Apple has given people free iPhone upgrades to those that bought the old ones right before the new ones came out, I just thought the card manufacturers might do something similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)