Hacking Do I need the boot.dol of a program if I have the wad?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my wii very recently and havent tried to play dvd wii backups on it yet. I followed Deviyl guide ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 ) by the way. In that guide, at the end you have the option to install a backup launcher as a program that has to be loaded via the hbc, or also directly via a channel using the wad manager. I chose the latter, and even though I havent yet tried to load a backup disc, when I load the program it seems it is working normal. Do I also need the neogamma r7 folder with the boot.dol in the apps folder, or I dont need it since I already have the wad in the wad folder?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some wads use the boot.dol to load delete the boot.dol and check if it still works if it does then you dont need it if it doesnt you should leave the boot.dol in the the sd card

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends on whether the WAD is a simple forwarder or a self-contained app. The former links to a boot.dol in the SD card while the latter contains all the code necessary to make things run. They each have their advantages - all-inclusive wads can be run without an SD card, but forwarders take less space and are easier to update (no reinstallation needed). Keep tabs on which wads are forwarders/included and arrange your SD card accordingly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c