Hacking Do I need the 3.2 FW for custom channels?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 3.0U and whenever I install something like the Homebrew Launcher or SNES Channel, it just resets the Wii if I try to use them. Do I need to update the FW? If so, is there any way to do this without an internet connection for my Wii or buying a new game? I don't have a modchip or anything.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-x1_0_nt- said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
OK, is there any way to get the 3.1 update without buying a new game or an internet connection for my Wii?

No.

i guess you could get firmware 3.1 by asking someone to dump there nand and pack it into a wad for use with the wad installer. and dont ask me to do it, im not good at packing wads
laugh.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
-x1_0_nt- said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
OK, is there any way to get the 3.1 update without buying a new game or an internet connection for my Wii?

No.

i guess you could get firmware 3.1 by asking someone to dump there nand and pack it into a wad for use with the wad installer. and dont ask me to do it, im not good at packing wads
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, i suppose you could. Good thinking.

Does anyone know what files you would need to pack to make a .wad out of your firmware? I'm guessing not every file in the nand.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-x1_0_nt- said:
samsam12 said:
-x1_0_nt- said:
FireEmblemGuy said:

No.

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, i suppose you could. Good thinking.

Does anyone know what files you would need to pack to make a .wad out of your firmware? I'm guessing not every file in the nand.

download someones nand from a torrent site. im guessing these are the files: theres many 000000 files, going up to 0000003B.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1