Hacking Do I need any specific IOSs need ed to run these games?

MATTHEW43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered 3 new games and I have a soft modded wii and I was wondering if any specific IOS's are needed to run legit retail disk copies of Donkey Kong Returns, Metroid Other M, or Fling Smash? Thanks in Advance!

P.S. Sorry about the messed up english in the title I didnt notice it before I posted and it won't let me edit it

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only one i can comment on is the Metroid Other M you need cIOS249/250rev20b any base IOS should work but you might want to stick with base IOS57 as it has the best compatibility.

rev20b also only works on a FAT32 formated HDD...

MATTHEW43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so your saying I need those things for running the game off HDD. but do I need any specific IOSs to run them off the original disks?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure but if you need to update your IOS run PimpMyWii, have it scan for outdated IOS's and then install them in a batch it can do this by internet or if you have the .wad files on sd card. This is the best way to keep your IOS uptodate and no worries.

you can grab this nifty little homebrew app here ---> http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/09/pimp-my-wii-211.html

It's so easy it's quite sad LoL

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Unless your Wii is severely outdated (below System Menu 3.2), there isn't any worry of running originals with any problems. Just use Priiloader to block disc updates, and you're good to go.

kylster said:
rev20b also only works on a FAT32 formated HDD...
Incorrect. I have a WBFS-formatted drive, and rev20b works perfectly with it.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not gonna bother quoting the misinformed bits, just use your imagination, kiddos.

If you're playing a legit disc from the disc channel, you don't need to worry about cIOS.

Many of the newer titles are using IOSes in the 5x range. Make sure you have 53, 55, 56 and 57 up to date and you should be fine.

Also, SM version is independent from IOS versions (unless you count the SM IOS itself, lul). I'm still on 3.2 but I keep my IOSes updated with Dop-Mii (non-Wiibrew edition).

Don't use Pimp My Wii, it's a piece. Brickware.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for me after updating form rev14 i could no longer play with cIOS249 or 250 yet it allowed me to install homebrew and it wasn't untill rev 16 that i learned about FAT32 partitioned drives and compatibility and once again cIOS249 worked! so that's from my experience.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's wrong with PimpMyWii? if all your using it for is to scan your IOS and see what is outdated? Now for soft modding it, I would use completely different homebrew im more familiar.

it just may be our opinions.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kylster said:
what's wrong with PimpMyWii? if all your using it for is to scan your IOS and see what is outdated? Now for soft modding it, I would use completely different homebrew im more familiar.

If that's all you're using it for, just run Syscheck. It's the standard.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:

ive used it to safely mod and update about 10 or so times, so i guess one's mileage may vary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: