Do I Need an Internet Connection to see the Wii's MAC Address?

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to homebrew a Wii on Monday at my school (teacher wants to see it). My initial plan was to get letterbomb set up so all I would have to do Monday is stick it in the Wii and run the exploit, but then i forgot the MAC address was required. I would just test it myself, but I'm in a situation where the Wii won't be in my home or anywhere with reliable or dependable internet. I would look for a game-dependent exploit for homebrew, but I'll have no clue what games will be there, let alone if any have compatible exploits. I have a 2GB SD card, all i need to know is which exploit to load onto it for my situation.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Internet connection for getting the Wii MAC? Why?
System Settings → Page 2 → Internet → Console Information

I have to homebrew a Wii on Monday at my school (teacher wants to see it).
Seems to be a cool teacher. Game exploits:
I've never tried one of those because non-game dependent exploits are easier for me.

In my opinion the by far coolest exploit for a demonstration is BlueBomb. The preparation is some work though and requires a Linux computer (Raspberry Pi 3 works fine).

Good luck with your presentation!

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internet connection for getting the Wii MAC? Why?
System Settings → Page 2 → Internet → Console Information

Seems to be a cool teacher. Game exploits:
I've never tried one of those because non-game dependent exploits are easier for me.

In my opinion the by far coolest exploit for a demonstration is BlueBomb. The preparation is some work though and requires a Linux computer (Raspberry Pi 3 works fine).

Good luck with your presentation!
Appreciate the help, I would've looked for the coolest method, but I have no idea what games she'll bring, let alone if any of them are exploitable, I think worst case I'll just have to bum a hotspot from a friend and work it out that way

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs