do i mod first

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chicken11, Oct 16, 2009.

Oct 16, 2009

do i mod first by chicken11 at 12:27 AM (505 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. chicken11
    OP

Member chicken11 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    my friends wii is virgin 3.4e, it is fresh out of shop,untouched,he wants to be on new menu 4.2,does he do zelda hack to install home brew channel,do the whole mod thing then use 4.2 safe update,will his wii still be moded or once he up dates to 4.2 using safe update does he lose all he got and has to re mod or is it easier just to install homebrew channel, not mod then update to 4.2 using safe up date then mod,i am a little confused as what state your wii is in after you have used safe 4.2 up date,will it be able to play copy games like before up date or do you have to re mod to get it to play copy games

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    chicken11
    my friends wii is virgin 3.4e, it is fresh out of shop,untouched,he wants to be on new menu 4.2,does he do zelda hack to install home brew channel,do the whole mod thing then use 4.2 safe update..??
    Why not just using the BannerBomb exploit, you can use both, I just think it is easier to use BannerBomb

will his wii still be moded or once he updates to 4.2 using safe update...??
    Yes

does he lose all he got and has to re mod..??
    No

or is it easier just to install homebrew channel, not mod then update to 4.2 using safe up date then mod..??
    Nope, the newer the Firmware, the harder to mod it, better and way easier to mod it over 3.4 than 4.2

i am a little confused as what state your wii is in after you have used safe 4.2 up date,will it be able to play copy games like before up date or do you have to re mod to get it to play copy games...??
    Once modded you will always have to SAFE update your Wii, cause Nintendo will likely try to delete every mod you have done to your Wii to be able to play copied games, got it..?? it is not SAFE cause it is harmless to your Wii, it is because it is harmless to SOFT-MODs you have done to your unit...!! [​IMG]

P.S. a few ??? signs wont hurt you [​IMG]