Homebrew Do I have to update to 5.5.4 to play online?

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only online Games I have are splatoon and Mario maker. Play em in non hacked state

I have firmware update dns blocker on too

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an American Wii U, 5.5.3U is the latest version. 5.5.4 is only available on the European Wii U.

To answer your question, 5.5.3U might not be required to play online on the Wii U. While the latest system version is needed for things like the eShop, online play is a little more lenient. I was playing online with 5.5.1U for quite awhile after 5.5.2U was released, for example.

That all being said, there's no reason not to update to the latest version.

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an American Wii U, 5.5.3U is the latest version. 5.5.4 is only available on the European Wii U.

To answer your question, 5.5.3U might not be required to play online on the Wii U. While the latest system version is needed for things like the eShop, online play is a little more lenient. I was playing online with 5.5.1U for quite awhile after 5.5.2U was released, for example.

That all being said, there's no reason not to update to the latest version.

Thanks ! I thought 5.5.4 came to US

good to know. Must’ve been that GDRP privacy disclaimer / compliance crap or whatever it’s called.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First thing: You should have posted this in Ask!
Second thing: I was surprised by the title. i was like WTF nintendo updated the wiiu? but nope is just for european consoles.
Thank God.

Braedyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well yes you sorta require to update to 5.5.4 to play online. But you MIGHT be able to bypass that and play online via 5.5.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1