Do I have to spoof lite-on to another drive for it to work?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I bought an Xbox with a broken Hitachi drive intending to replace it with an extra Lite-on drive I had laying around. I figured out when i was flashing it that I couldn't spoof it to Hitachi using the LT firmware, but I figured that it should still work if I flashed it with the right key. When I did this and tested it on the Xbox, it boots up the games fine, but after a few minutes of playing the games freeze, every one of them. Is this because I didn't spoof the drive properly, or just another problem with the Xbox the person I bought it from didn't mention? If it is a problem with spoofing, is there a way to make it work while still using the LT firmware?

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Another problem with the system.

3. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Are you absolutely positive? If you're sure, does this become a throw away system or is there a way to fix it?

4. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    im not an expert with 360, but i would assume that if it boots the game it should work and not freeze. the freeze i would guess to be a system problem. have you tried watching a dvd movie? or maybe try playing a game from HDD to trouble shoot further. i've never heard of a freezing issue with 360's before.

5. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yes, positive. It's nothing to do with not spoofing it. You used to get an e66 error if it was not spoofed properly, but that was removed in one of the dash updates. All you need now is correct key and it will work.

6. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It shouldn't freeze, but if you did not spoof the drive the Xbox knows and it is logged on the system. Lite-on drives could not be spoofed correctly. Well any spoofed drive is not safe on live either. You are probably flagged for banning in the next ban wave. Microsoft took out the E66 error in new updates to catch people running the xbox with correct key but wrong drives.

Anywho not too sure what's wrong if there is no red lights and no error code. Try reflowing the ram?
    If you get any red rings now and then, find the secondary error code for it.