Do I have to setup a Wi-Fi connection in order to update my firmware o

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by maxapbl4, Aug 23, 2009.

1. maxapbl4
    OP

Newcomer maxapbl4 Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys!

This is the situation.
    I have a DSi (firmware 1.3E) with Acekard 2i. No official update for the new firmware 1.4 has been released by the Acekard team yet.

So, I was wondering, if I use the Wi-Fi connection on my DSi, will the handheld be able to connect to the internet through my wireless internet connection and download the newest update 1.4 so that the Acekard will be blocked?
    I didn't setup the Internet Connection through the Settings Menu of the DSi, but I am afraid to switch Wi-Fi on as I think the DSi can connect to Internet and download that update. I am also afraid to go to Nintendo Shop on the DSi.

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I don't setup the Internet Connection on my DSi, but will switch Wi-Fi on in oder to play some multiplayer games? I suppose I can also try to go to the Nintendo Shop, but nothing will happen...
    Still, I am quite afraid to do so...

Anyone?? [​IMG]

2. kiwovo

Member kiwovo GBAtemp Regular

Israel
  3. maxapbl4
    OP

Newcomer maxapbl4 Newbie

Canada
    Shalom!

Yes, they did. But it wasn't an official one, as you will get to see some game appearing instead of the Acekard logo.
    There is also no announcement on the official website of Acekard Team.

But... Does anyone know how that Wi-Fi thing work? Can my DSi just download the newest firmware if I will be playing some multipayer games through Wi-Fi???

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    They probably won't announce it on their website because it's illegal to use copyrighted code. In order to trick the DSi into thinking the Acekard is a legitimate cart, they needed to do an exploit using the Danny Phantom game which is why you see their logo.

As for the update, it won't download anything automatically. You still have to click OK to agree to their terms before it updates.

5. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    It's official, I highly doubt that they're gonna be able to get their own logo on the DSi now.

6. maxapbl4
    OP

Newcomer maxapbl4 Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for your reactions, guys!!!!
    [​IMG]
    I hope Acekard Team will manage to release an update which will have that Acekard logo....