Do I have to re-port my WRT54G for torrents? Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by qxx, Dec 4, 2010.

1. qxx
    OP

qxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    United States
    I am a newby at torrents. I have a MAC OS with a WRT54G router and have downloaded Vuze, Frost Wire, Wyzo, Miro. I try to go to a torrent site,eg ---, and click on the movie download.
    My download window does a quick flash and is over in seconds. Can't find anything downloaded.
    Someone said I would have to re-port my router but I am afraid I will mess something up there. Is there any way to download torrents directly with what I have (like limewire would do)?
    Please help?

2. Lost Wisdom

Lost Wisdom Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2010
    United States
    Mean Streets of Compton
    Why dont you stop pirating movies and actually buy them.

3. shlong

shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Jun 18, 2009
    Italy
    Charlotte's maze
    Site suggestion? Torrents? Wat?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The port issue has nothing to do with downloading the actual .torrent file that starts the torrent in the first place, so let's focus on that. What browser?

I think you're on the wrong forum entirely, dude.

5. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
    If I remember correctly, you download a 100KB files, then you have to find that file and open it up using your torrent program.

Easiest way would be to, go to your browser, find tools/options, look around and see where it downloads too.
    Of course posting what Browser you use would help us to explain how to find that out.

6. ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

Mar 23, 2009
    Vallhallah
    You have to click on the .torrent file and
    Open it.
    BTW you shouldn't use torrents as they can be traced. Direct downloads are safer and in most cases, faster.

7. aiRWaLKRe

aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Orlando
    If you don't know what you are doing I would avoid doing torrents all together or you might find that e-mail or snailmail from your ISP asking you to stop doing illegal things