Do I have to connect in WFC area?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Raestloz, Sep 17, 2008.

Sep 17, 2008
  1. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    The World of Illusion
    Here in Indonesia it's obvious that Nintendo won't place any of its foot even in our capital, Jakarta.

A few days ago, I went to a place with Hotspot, and tried to surf with DSOrganize, it works, that's no surprise, but then I'm getting curious and opened Worms Open Warfare 2 and tried WFC Connection

Much to my surprise, it works, I was even able to get top 10 players, alhough I can't find any games.

Al this time, I thought you need to be in WFC Hotspot area to connect to WFC, but I can do it in a normal Hotspot area, can I play games via WFC, or is normal Wi-Fi can connect to WFC but can't play games? Can anybody tell me?

Thanks before
  2. spectral

spectral Newbie

You just use normal wifi hotspots for all the online features. WFC is just a name Nintendo gave to their online service.
  3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    it really only depends on the severity of restrictions imposed by the hotspot operator. WFC works differently from HTTP, so you might not be caught in the logon system that requires you to enter data or pay, or maybe the hotspot is entirely unrestricted.