Gaming Do I buy a PSP-3000 for TV Play

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I am having a dilema. I have a PSP-2000 with Custom Firware and have enjoyed playing "backups" for quite a while now. I have recently started playing some of the PSOne games from the PSN Store on my TV. Its an old TV and I am using the composite cable meaning I cant play PSP games on the TV.

I am really fancying a PSP-3000 so I can play all my games on the telly, but I dont know if I can live without the Custom Firware. I mean, having to go back to playing games of UMD is a nightmare. Obviously, some games are getting released on the Network for download, but no where near enough of my favs are available.

So the question is, should I get one just for the TV out cabability, but obviously losing the ability of playing my extensive collection of "backups".

Or do I wait and see what happens with the potential of CF for the new PSP 3000 (which I have a gut feeling is not going to happen), or even wait to see what the crack is with the PSP-4000?

Decisions Decisions.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to be honest keep the PSP-2000, If i honestly wanted to play PSOne games on my TV I would download them and play them in my chipped ps1 i got packed away somewhere, would be cool to play PSP games on a TV but oh well its a portable computer so it does me
smile.gif
I'd rather be playing tonnes of back-ups then a few odd games on the TV

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
to my knowledge the TV-out on both the 2000 and 3000 is exactly the same.

tough it might be possible to use a plugin to support game TV-out through both component and composite cables.

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I am guessing my telly wont support that, perhaps
frown.gif
To test I would also need to buy a component cable as well. Dont think I will bother.

Well, I folded, and I just bought one.

We shall see what its like in a moment.

Well TV out on the 3000 works a treat on my old battered telly. Its not full screen, but its playable.

However, I dont think I will probably use the TV out as much as I thought. By the way, the screen on the PSP-3000 is smashing. So much clearer and brighter than the 2000 model. I certainly have not noticed scan lines or anything. Its loverly.

I think I will also like the fact that I dont have 30+ backup games on my 16GB memory stick. No more looking at the list, trying to work out what to play. I can now focus on an individual game at a time and play it till I finish it or get bored.

I do believe that I am going to be a reformed pirate, ooo arrr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse