Do I buy a PSP-3000 for TV Play

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by halljames, Mar 3, 2009.

1. halljames
    OP

halljames GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    I am having a dilema. I have a PSP-2000 with Custom Firware and have enjoyed playing "backups" for quite a while now. I have recently started playing some of the PSOne games from the PSN Store on my TV. Its an old TV and I am using the composite cable meaning I cant play PSP games on the TV.

I am really fancying a PSP-3000 so I can play all my games on the telly, but I dont know if I can live without the Custom Firware. I mean, having to go back to playing games of UMD is a nightmare. Obviously, some games are getting released on the Network for download, but no where near enough of my favs are available.

So the question is, should I get one just for the TV out cabability, but obviously losing the ability of playing my extensive collection of "backups".

Or do I wait and see what happens with the potential of CF for the new PSP 3000 (which I have a gut feeling is not going to happen), or even wait to see what the crack is with the PSP-4000?

Decisions Decisions.

2. Flawsdraw

Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2008
    England, Kent
    to be honest keep the PSP-2000, If i honestly wanted to play PSOne games on my TV I would download them and play them in my chipped ps1 i got packed away somewhere, would be cool to play PSP games on a TV but oh well its a portable computer so it does me [​IMG] I'd rather be playing tonnes of back-ups then a few odd games on the TV

3. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    keep the psp cfw and just get a old ps1 and soft mod it, cased closed.

or buy component cables for you psp 2000, you can do tv out with a 2000 model.

4. halljames
    OP

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    not on my piece of poo tv I can't.

5. halljames
    OP

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    I think I will just stick with what I have. Seems pointless spending £145 on a new psp, and then have to spend a hell of a lot more money on the games as well

6. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    to my knowledge the TV-out on both the 2000 and 3000 is exactly the same.

tough it might be possible to use a plugin to support game TV-out through both component and composite cables.

7. halljames
    OP

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    The PSP 2000 version only supports PSP game play when connected with component cable, not the composite. I have tried the fusa plugin to get TV out, but was less than impressed with the results.

8. godsakes

godsakes GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2007
    is it not possible to get a component -> composite/scart convertor?

edit:

like this possibly?

9. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    i heard that only works for a select few TV's

10. halljames
    OP

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    I am guessing my telly wont support that, perhaps [​IMG] To test I would also need to buy a component cable as well. Dont think I will bother.

Well, I folded, and I just bought one.

We shall see what its like in a moment.

Well TV out on the 3000 works a treat on my old battered telly. Its not full screen, but its playable.

However, I dont think I will probably use the TV out as much as I thought. By the way, the screen on the PSP-3000 is smashing. So much clearer and brighter than the 2000 model. I certainly have not noticed scan lines or anything. Its loverly.

I think I will also like the fact that I dont have 30+ backup games on my 16GB memory stick. No more looking at the list, trying to work out what to play. I can now focus on an individual game at a time and play it till I finish it or get bored.

I do believe that I am going to be a reformed pirate, ooo arrr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice