Gaming Hacking Misc Do hacked pokemon get flagged/banned from transferring to pokemon home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDrankSomeTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to 3ds modding and rom hacks and all but, do pokemon that are hacked get flagged/would I get banned when they are transferred to pokemon home?
For example, if I used shiny cheats or perfect iv cheats to encounter a specific pokemon that I wanted (max iv buneary), would I be able to transfer them to pokemon home without my switch account getting banned? I want to transfer some pokemon to sword and scarlet when it comes out so if I played with them online would I get banned?

Im not using save tools at all to change pokemon in my boxes, but does cheats in game count as hacked pokemon? Or just any non vanilla way of getting a pokemon just count as hacked?

sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions at once lol

Reactions: Subtle Demise

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea.. that's one of my questions hidden in there. Do in-game iv cheats count as legal? that's all I need to know
I believe as long as the IVs are correct and not exceeded over 510 (you can do 512 but 510 is the legit safest way).
but be careful if your trading

People will take your Pokemon you traded through a legit poke checker cause playing hacked "legal" mons are considered "frowned upon" for competitive play but last i recall back in the B/W meta a lot of players at one regional back then used "Legal Genned Pokemon from pokesav"

IDrankSomeTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe as long as the IVs are correct and not exceeded over 510 (you can do 512 but 510 is the legit safest way).
but be careful if your trading

People will take your Pokemon you traded through a legit poke checker cause playing hacked "legal" mons are considered "frowned upon" for competitive play but last i recall back in the B/W meta a lot of players at one regional back then used "Legal Genned Pokemon from pokesav"
Thanks!! Im just playing through oras right now and making some team setups and when scarlet comes out I think I'm gonna try to do everything legit for competitive but I might bring some pokemon over if I absolutely need to

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!! Im just playing through oras right now and making some team setups and when scarlet comes out I think I'm gonna try to do everything legit for competitive but I might bring some pokemon over if I absolutely need to
But ill give you some advice
alot of people use Genned mons in Sword and shield in competitive play
even at VGC events
so as long as its legit..

also if you need competitive pokemon
Just Use Twitch and look up Pokemon Trade Bots if you want Legal Pokemon
Only thing you need to do is trade the bot a pokemon you can use as trade fodder
i recommend catching alot of low level mons to trade to the trade bot
the Trade Bots support All the 3ds Pokemon Titles and Switch Titles from SW/SH-PLA
and yes the pokemon you get from the trade bot can be transferred to home

Reactions: IDrankSomeTea

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use pkhex to edit your Pokemons ivs, evs etc.
It would show a red triangle on top your pokemon icon to tell you if the values are not correct (not legal), you can use the legality check feature to correct some values..
It would show in green if it's correct, so there should be no difference between it and the real thing, so you can transfer it to home just fine. Make sure to check the trainer id & secret id is yours and not pkhex's..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the sake of it. Terms as usually understood by most talking in these circles

Legitimate. Caught/bred in the normal gameplay loops and trained within them as well. In other games some might use further distinctions for hardware assist ( https://hackaday.com/2013/11/05/finding-shiny-pokemon-automatically/ ), save restoration (clones become possible) and emulator (turbo and savestate), or indeed glitch (first gen clones with link cable or missingno).
Legal. Used cheats to catch and/or level, possibly even directly. However could be a legitimate pokemon, even if improbable* individually or as a whole team**.
Illegal. Used cheats to catch outside of expected locations, give stats not achievable within the game, give moves that it could not normally learn ( https://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Wondertomb )...

*there could be a further method where Nintendo grabs saves and backups thereof, or snatches them from whatever cloud service they are using to determine whether something magically appeared full level and whatnot. Not seen this in the wild though.

**choice video on luck in games and the sorts of calculations that would be in play, albeit tweaked accordingly for the catch rates/times.

There have occasionally been event pokemon and other failures in the systems Nintendo uses to determine legal and not (both false positive and false negative), and likewise the save editors, like pkhex mentioned above, that claim to determine the same are also not without flaw on occasion (though as late in the day as this is that is less likely to be a thing).
I don't know the calculations here offhand for this generation but looking at some of the others then some of the shiny stuff might not line up with perfect IV. If this is one that merely needs a match between random number and trainer number then so it goes.

You might also encounter the term tournament legal. For the overwhelming majority of cases they will proclaim a need to be legitimate (though how they can tell, that being they can't, is a different matter) but what that refers to is in tournaments they (usually wrongly***) proclaim some pokemon to be overpowered and disallowed in that.

***see amounts let back in after someone develops an effective counter play, though as I suppose tournaments are not there to discover the best but instead be a spectacle**** then having all people using the same "overpowered" team gets kind of boring.

****give or take the paradox of chastising players for playing a weaker game in lower rounds/lesser tournaments to prevent others from learning their moves inside and out.

Also if I am linking videos for fun then

That would have some implications here if the generated data gets questioned.
Also

While they played it up a bit for the camera (not as bad as hacking sequences in films but it set off the same alarm) some of the associated metadata in that case they used to regenerate things based on valid patterns would be another vector Nintendo (or some uppity tournament checker) could use, or use functional equivalent thereof.

Anyway that is an awful lot about pokemon from someone that does not like it, failures in tournament design and hacking-counter hacking though... that gets me up in the morning.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of it. Terms as usually understood by most talking in these circles

Legitimate. Caught/bred in the normal gameplay loops and trained within them as well. In other games some might use further distinctions for hardware assist ( https://hackaday.com/2013/11/05/finding-shiny-pokemon-automatically/ ), save restoration (clones become possible) and emulator (turbo and savestate), or indeed glitch (first gen clones with link cable or missingno).
Legal. Used cheats to catch and/or level, possibly even directly. However could be a legitimate pokemon, even if improbable* individually or as a whole team**.
Illegal. Used cheats to catch outside of expected locations, give stats not achievable within the game, give moves that it could not normally learn ( https://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Wondertomb )...

*there could be a further method where Nintendo grabs saves and backups thereof, or snatches them from whatever cloud service they are using to determine whether something magically appeared full level and whatnot. Not seen this in the wild though.

**choice video on luck in games and the sorts of calculations that would be in play, albeit tweaked accordingly for the catch rates/times.

There have occasionally been event pokemon and other failures in the systems Nintendo uses to determine legal and not (both false positive and false negative), and likewise the save editors, like pkhex mentioned above, that claim to determine the same are also not without flaw on occasion (though as late in the day as this is that is less likely to be a thing).
I don't know the calculations here offhand for this generation but looking at some of the others then some of the shiny stuff might not line up with perfect IV. If this is one that merely needs a match between random number and trainer number then so it goes.

You might also encounter the term tournament legal. For the overwhelming majority of cases they will proclaim a need to be legitimate (though how they can tell, that being they can't, is a different matter) but what that refers to is in tournaments they (usually wrongly***) proclaim some pokemon to be overpowered and disallowed in that.

***see amounts let back in after someone develops an effective counter play, though as I suppose tournaments are not there to discover the best but instead be a spectacle**** then having all people using the same "overpowered" team gets kind of boring.

****give or take the paradox of chastising players for playing a weaker game in lower rounds/lesser tournaments to prevent others from learning their moves inside and out.

Also if I am linking videos for fun then

That would have some implications here if the generated data gets questioned.
Also

While they played it up a bit for the camera (not as bad as hacking sequences in films but it set off the same alarm) some of the associated metadata in that case they used to regenerate things based on valid patterns would be another vector Nintendo (or some uppity tournament checker) could use, or use functional equivalent thereof.

Anyway that is an awful lot about pokemon from someone that does not like it, failures in tournament design and hacking-counter hacking though... that gets me up in the morning.

Yeah this!
You pretty much went in depth with this! Explained it waaay better than I did! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over