Hacking Do Gecko codes differ between glitched & fixed US versions of FE:

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. What I'd like to know is whether or not Gecko OS codes differ between the (US region) glitched versions and fixed versions of "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" and "Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility". I have both of these games, but I'm wondering if I should send one or both in to swap for the fixed versions... I'd like to have whichever versions have the most Gecko OS code support, if the codes do indeed differ between the versions.

You probably know this already, but the glitch in FE: RD is the "file transfer glitch" (try to transfer FE: PoR Easy file = freeze), and the most well-known HM: ToT glitch is the "Calvin glitch" (Calvin proposal = freeze).

Thanks in advance for an answer!
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. if i answer, will you not bump? i think there is a 10 bump limit. the answer is no. once a game is modified, it will store stuff in a slightly different part of the memory. ie- guitar hero 3 codes don't work if the game has different songs because now the value for storing the score and multipliers is not in the same spot that it was when the code was made.
you mest be using the same copy of a game as the person that made the code.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I knew that already, and you didn't really answer my question... Not the part I need answered, anyhow:

QUOTE said:
I'm wondering if I should send one or both in to swap for the fixed versions... I'd like to have whichever versions have the most Gecko OS code support, if the codes do indeed differ between the versions.
I may not have phrased it in question form, but what I really want to know is which versions of FE: RD and HM: ToT have the most Gecko OS codes written for them? I want to have the versions that have the most codes available to use.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying it doesn't matter which version of FE: RD or HM: ToT I have; Gecko OS codes will work the same on both versions?

Can someone confirm this? I've got the earliest version of FE: RD and the glitched version of HM: ToT.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*bump*

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

No offense to anyone, but it sure does take a long time to get a definite, concise answer around here...

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember reading this "10 bump rule" anywhere. Care to link to it?

And even if it does exist, can't I just make another one of these topics if this one is deleted?

... It really shouldn't be this much of a hassle to find the answer to this simple question. Surely someone around here has used Gecko OS codes on either Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn or Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility...?

All I need to know is which versions (glitched or fixed) have the most compatible codes written for them.

Smash Br0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since no one here seems to know the answer to my question, does anyone know a place where I might find someone who does? Some place where people are likely to have played FE: RD and HM: ToT using Gecko OS codes...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.