Homebrew Emulation GCN Do GCN injects usually take these steps to boot up?

JEMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, first actual post here but just trying to reach out in hopes I havem't screwed up anything. So Ive been using Teconmoon's injector for some gcn games and just have a few questions...
-Every time I wanna play any of the gcn games I have to boot both of the SigPatchers in the pic attached. That said, am I supposed to be doing it every time I wanna play a gcn inject? Or am I doing something wrong?
-I read earlier that I shouldn't use nkit iso, but thats mainly the most accessible to me. Any chance that may be the reason why I gotta boot up sigpatchers *IF* I'm not supposed to?
-Lastly, every time I boot up SigPatcher2sysmenu, homebrew closes and takes me back to the Wii U menu. Is it supposed to do that?
Also, sorry if I packed all these questions together, I'm pretty sure it's better than doing several posts instead... Also, I'm running Tiramisu on a 5.5.6 Wii U, dont know if that's also relevant.

Attachments

• 20220921_171944.jpg
    20220921_171944.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 30

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone, first actual post here but just trying to reach out in hopes I havem't screwed up anything. So Ive been using Teconmoon's injector for some gcn games and just have a few questions...
-Every time I wanna play any of the gcn games I have to boot both of the SigPatchers in the pic attached. That said, am I supposed to be doing it every time I wanna play a gcn inject? Or am I doing something wrong?
-I read earlier that I shouldn't use nkit iso, but thats mainly the most accessible to me. Any chance that may be the reason why I gotta boot up sigpatchers *IF* I'm not supposed to?
-Lastly, every time I boot up SigPatcher2sysmenu, homebrew closes and takes me back to the Wii U menu. Is it supposed to do that?
Also, sorry if I packed all these questions together, I'm pretty sure it's better than doing several posts instead... Also, I'm running Tiramisu on a 5.5.6 Wii U, dont know if that's also relevant.
firt do you have cbhc or tiramisu? if not then you need to boot sigpatches to do anything homebrew related.
Only tiramisu or cbhc method give you cfw on boot(cfw has sigpatches) which means you dont need to start manualy every tiem you boot the wiiu.

and yes evberything is correct if you dont have an auto booter set up you should soncisder upgrading your wiiu hack to tiramisu or cbhc that way you could just click on them and they will work on boot.

Reactions: Sypherone

JEMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firt do you have cbhc or tiramisu? if not then you need to boot sigpatches to do anything homebrew related.
Only tiramisu or cbhc method give you cfw on boot(cfw has sigpatches) which means you dont need to start manualy every tiem you boot the wiiu.

and yes evberything is correct if you dont have an auto booter set up you should soncisder upgrading your wiiu hack to tiramisu or cbhc that way you could just click on them and they will work on boot.
I got tiramisu, don't think it's on its recent version, so dont know if thats an issue as well. And dont think Ive seen anything cfw-related during the setup, unless I overlooked it...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got tiramisu, don't think it's on its recent version, so dont know if thats an issue as well. And dont think Ive seen anything cfw-related during the setup, unless I overlooked it...
tiramisu has cfw on boot, and if you have it then you can click on the games, did you tryed to just click on them? right from the start? if they give error shut down the wiiu and read tiramisu thread to get cfw on boot, if they start on boot then you already have cfw and dont need any of those patches.

JEMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again, but to no avail. Still need to boot up both SigPatchers in homebrew before I can try playing a gcn game. Otherwise, it just throws an error message and ask to shut down the console.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried again, but to no avail. Still need to boot up both SigPatchers in homebrew before I can try playing a gcn game. Otherwise, it just throws an error message and ask to shut down the console.
then you didnt finish the tiramisu set up lol

tiramisu has sigpatches on boot, go to tiramisu thread and ask how to put it working, im guessing you skipped a lot of steps.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Missing Tiramisus Sigpatches Module. Re-read https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation?id=what-you-need
-I read earlier that I shouldn't use nkit iso
IIRC Teconmoon's injector converts anything to NKIT anyway.
Yes it is, that's exactly what the 2sysmenu in its name implies. In other words:
SigPatcher2HBL = Apply sigpatches and go back to HBL.
SigPacther2sysmenu = Apply sigpatches and go back to sys (Wii U) menu.

JEMC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to fix the issue somehow; the sigpatch rpx was already in the folder, so I just replaced it and it works now. So, much appreciated with the help and explaining things for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s