Do GBAtemp admins ever abuse their power?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,525
  • Replies 93

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
From my personal experience I would say no. I have been quite the huge asshole on this site and the staff have been extremely lenient and forgiving to me even though a majority of them absolutely hate me. I really should have been perma banned quite a long time ago. Hell, I have even gone off on the staff, including costello, and for some strange reason I am still here. I don't know why they haven't kicked me out for good yet. I have been banned from places for doing far less than what I have done here.

All in all, the staff here are great people.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there was this one time at band camp, yeah? p1ngpong challenged me to some ping pong. I lost. He whispered in my ear "I beg you don't cry."
He the smeared popcorn butter on me and locked me in some bloke's trunk for the night. Good times, right?

EDIT: To answer your question, no they don't lmoe.

Last edited by pastaconsumer,
D

Deleted User

OP
As far as I've seen GBAtemp admins are not only handsome, but quite lenient when it comes to warning or banning someone. But have there ever been instances where a user was punished because an admin was feeling pissed off or just wanted to have some fun? If I were an admin I'd do that from time to time.
It took me until now to realise that an admin abused his power by editing my post.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
They read our messages, and trade info on cfw with Nintendo! I have a source that states the following : Gba mods sell our secrets to the Russians! We all knew that but were afraid to ask
Joking aside, i don't think they do. Maybe it would be great if we got am option to ask why some ban happened, other than that, it's fine
I had an account here a long time ago, had some problems with members, but hey, they are all banned now

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This entire thread should illustrate just how chill the staff is here. You asked if they've abused power before and they tease each other on the topic. I have seen plenty of forums where simply mentioning this would've gotten you on someone's bad side, if they don't outright ban you. These folks laugh about it. :D:rofl2::grog:

D

Deleted User

OP
LMAO, sometimes I feel the mods don't do their job properly, but not for being over-agressive or abusive. Like the fact they seemed to be completely oblivious to the reregging rule when it came down to me. :3

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This went from a serious question to a meme,
that's mods power working...
if a member complains, everyone will make fun of said member, he will be turned into a meme and in a few days later everything goes back to normal..
turning members complains into memes, more effective than censor them ;O;

Last edited by migles,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happened to me once; was walking down the street after picking up a cup of coffee; found a loonie on the floor and picked it up and was on my way home. Suddenly, a GBAtemp mod came out of nowhere and told me to give it to him or else he will ban me here. I did as he asked but then he took my wallet and now I'm sad.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a thread here once where 3 or 4 members were bashing each other and the one member that gets banned wasn't a regular here at the temp but had a name in the hacking community. The rest of the members that post here quite a bit on a daily basis didn't get banned. I detected a bit of favoritism on the mods part since all the members should have received the same punishment.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do, we have no way to know because we aren't allowed to ask about their decisions and the banned person can't tell their story.
that feels like the only rule I don't really agree with, seems pretty shitty if some dude gets banned under a misunderstanding :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans