1. MrEpicGamer

OP MrEpicGamer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you download a game through the freeshop and it is from another region, will the game work as normal? If not how do I fix this?

2. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes. Though games from other regions may not support your language. For example I can download a Japanese game but it's most likely not going to support English so I won't be able to play as I can't speak or read Japanese.

MrEpicGamer likes this.
  3. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    I can't fully recall, but some game saves cannot transfer between regions. I tried that with Strange Journey recently. Online may also be inaccessible if your device is not of the game's region.

Updating the game cannot occur when your region is not the same as the game.

MrEpicGamer likes this.
  4. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Untrue. The freeshop can download and install the update for the out of region games. Online play may not work though. Haven't tried. As for transferring saves? What? Who said anything about transferring a save? Saving works just fine with out of region titles. However yes transferring an existing save to a different region build of the game is often problematic...

MrEpicGamer likes this.
  5. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Most games do work out of the box but some need region emulation in order to work/display correctly. These can be fixed manually through Luma patches per game.

MrEpicGamer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - properly, download, Freeshop