Do game consoles work on PC monitors with built-in speakers?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
alot of PC LED monitors now come with built in speakers and HDMI port, so i was just wondering if its possible to hook them up with an XBOX and use it like if it were a normal Television, with sound and video and everything.......or would i only get picture and no sound?

this is the one i'm interested in: Asus VP228HE gaming monitor

i could just buy a regular T.V, but they cost alot more, plus i need 20'inch screen that will will sit nicely on the miniature table in my bedroom, anything bigger than 20inch will probably just easily knocked over by me

thanks for the help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alot of PC LED monitors now come with built in speakers and HDMI port, so i was just wondering if its possible to hook them up with an XBOX and use it like if it were a normal Television, with sound and .video and everything.......or would i only get picture and no sound?

this is the one i'm interested in: Asus VP228HE gaming monitor

thanks for the help!
It has an HDMI port so yes its going to work just fine.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, they also work fine on PC monitors without speakers but audio output, like the LG 27UD69-W, and if you plug your headphones into the monitor's audio out you get sound.

PS: Integrated speakers usually sound piss poor, I won't be surprised if you end up connecting some speakers to the audio out of the monitor anyway.

Reactions: Seriel

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thanks everyone for letting me know! i'll be heading out soon to buy that gaming monitor since its on sale for around 100USD, thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.