Do Game Boy Pockets work with the Game Boy's AC Adapter

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by FlyingFire64, Oct 8, 2014.

1. FlyingFire64
    OP

FlyingFire64 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    I heard that there was an official Game Boy AC Adapter from about 20 years ago, and I wanted to get that so that if I decide to pick up a Game Boy Pocket from a store that conveniently sells games and consoles regardless of their age. This way, I wouldn't need to constantly reload it with AAA batteries whenever I play it for a total 10 hours(the battery life according to Wikipedia). However, I couldn't find a single source that says wether or not the Game Boy Pocket works with the Game Boy AC Adapter, so I came here to clarify.

2. FlyingFire64
    OP

FlyingFire64 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if the store has one, or else I'll have to find one on eBay.

3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    But the original Gameboy runs on 4x AAs (6 Volts) and the Pocket only uses 2x AAAs (3 volts)

Wouldn't that be too much?

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    It won't fit. Game Boy Pocket has a smaller power jack.

5. Kaneko

Kaneko Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2014
    The polarization is different so even if it were fitting you would risking damaging the unit. The Pocket, Light and Color can be used with the same AC adapters. The DMG cannot do this sorry.

6. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Just get some rechargeable AAA's. Them + the charger shouldn't be much more than an AC adapter, and you can use them on other devices as well, really get your money out of them.

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you can also find one of thoose batery packs (there were lots made by third parties), there were lots of them for gb color and gba, i am not sure about pocket since it uses AAA batteries..