Hacking Do either of these jigs look decent/are they worth buying?

FMCore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to buy them on Amazon (and before you say, oh why don't you try switchjigs(dot)com, I did try that site but the order status page never got updated despite the fact the owner told me that the jig I ordered was going to go out on Monday and I couldn't get in contact with him after that, so maybe he's a decent seller but I kinda need one sooner than later so...) and I came across what looks to be some "decent" jigs, any ideas if these two are any good or not?

(So I can't link them huh, fine I'll just copy their name over and they should be searchable on amazon(dot)ca)

First one is "RCM Joy-Con Jig, Cochanvie RCM (Recovery Mode) Clip NS SX PRO OS Crack Tools RCM Clip Short Connector for Nintendo Switch Archive Modification (Not 3D-Printed Version, Better Quality)"

Second one is "XBERSTAR New Improved SX OS 3D Printed for Nintendo Switch Crack RCM NS Shorter JIG kits"

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you really need one? I entered only one time manually in RCM mode with a paperclip made by me. After that install autorcm and never use the paperclip/jig again. If you are careful you certainly don't damage the switch for only one time.

Reactions: machinoman

FMCore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried with a copper wire, and couldn't get it to work (I think I'm just to scared and I keep doing it wrong to the point where the wire doesn't even touch the pins) and I don't got any paperclips or tinfoil in the house and if the jigs are premade they'll most likely work better than doing a paperclip myself.

FMCore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My soldering skills aren't really up to par, and I don't have the triangle protective screwdriver/bit I need to open up the joycon controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH