Do either of these jigs look decent/are they worth buying?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by FMCore, Aug 21, 2018.

1. FMCore
    OP

FMCore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    I'm looking to buy them on Amazon (and before you say, oh why don't you try switchjigs(dot)com, I did try that site but the order status page never got updated despite the fact the owner told me that the jig I ordered was going to go out on Monday and I couldn't get in contact with him after that, so maybe he's a decent seller but I kinda need one sooner than later so...) and I came across what looks to be some "decent" jigs, any ideas if these two are any good or not?

(So I can't link them huh, fine I'll just copy their name over and they should be searchable on amazon(dot)ca)

First one is "RCM Joy-Con Jig, Cochanvie RCM (Recovery Mode) Clip NS SX PRO OS Crack Tools RCM Clip Short Connector for Nintendo Switch Archive Modification (Not 3D-Printed Version, Better Quality)"

Second one is "XBERSTAR New Improved SX OS 3D Printed for Nintendo Switch Crack RCM NS Shorter JIG kits"

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2016
    Italy
    Do you really need one? I entered only one time manually in RCM mode with a paperclip made by me. After that install autorcm and never use the paperclip/jig again. If you are careful you certainly don't damage the switch for only one time.

machinoman likes this.
  3. FMCore
    OP

FMCore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    Tried with a copper wire, and couldn't get it to work (I think I'm just to scared and I keep doing it wrong to the point where the wire doesn't even touch the pins) and I don't got any paperclips or tinfoil in the house and if the jigs are premade they'll most likely work better than doing a paperclip myself.

4. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    If you know how to solder you also install a magnetic reed switch

5. FMCore
    OP

FMCore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    My soldering skills aren't really up to par, and I don't have the triangle protective screwdriver/bit I need to open up the joycon controller.

6. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    1st one looks decent
    2nd one looks like 3d printed trash made out of a paperclip.

The best jigs imo are the ones pictured in the first post here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-quality-rcm-jig.512674/
    The red one you can probably find on eBay, the 2nd one is the SX pro (or SX gear) jig

thorasgar likes this.
  7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I am actually kind of concerned you don’t have ANY paper clips or tinfoil in your house. :rofl2:

8. VuuI

VuuI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    Belgium
    http://www.xkit.xyz/rcmclip/ are made from the same kind of pins as the joy con rail and are injection molded.

you can find these literally everwhere, for as low as 2$ from chinese ebay resellers.

2manyGames2play likes this.
  9. milomc123

milomc123 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Ireland
    In the soul stone
    Go with @vuul's answer

10. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Called a Tri wing screwdriver Buddy