Do DSi-exclusive games run on the R4i Gold with NTR Launcher or TWLoader?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FateForWindows, Jun 21, 2017.

1. FateForWindows
    OP

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I bought the R4i Gold about 10 days ago from the sponsor and USPS says it's out for delivery. From what I've read, some NTR-mode carts will support TWL mode when something that runs in TWL mode loads the cart. If this is true, will the cart be able to run DSi exclusive games like System Flaw?

Last edited by FateForWindows, Jun 21, 2017
  2. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    R4 and most other flashcarts only work in "DS" mode. Essentially, it detects it as a DS flashcart and runs it as a DS would, or else it would break a lot of older DS games if it tried to run them in DSi mode.

3. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Errr, DS games run fine with TWL clock speed. I don't know if it's related tho.

4. FateForWindows
    OP

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I know, but if you use TWLoader or NTR Launcher, they appear to run like a DSi game rather than like a DS game (uses the TWL clock speeds).

:ninja:'d

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  5. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    The only way to run dsi exclusive games with a flashcard is a Cyclo DSi Evolution with ds whitelist downgrade to firmware 2.0. You can only purchase this card on shop01media because the other shops don't have the card anymore.

6. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Yeah DSi enhanced games will run on most flascharts but they won't have any of the DSi features. Forcing TWL mode with NTR Launcher breaks most flashcarts (DS-Xtreme is the only card I have that still manages to boot anything while in TWL mode) To to mention if you do get far enough to boot a game in TWL mode, the audio will be broken. Plus DSi Enhanced games may detect that it's in TWL mode and will attempt to hook into the non existant DSi Extended binaries that none of the flashcarts will bother loading in. (plus using DSi ram space cause all NTR games to not boot. DSi Enhanced games will boot but only if the extended header was parsed correctly)

The best you can do is run NTR games with TWL clock speed which may help speed up a few games that had frame rate issues.

The Cyclo DS iEvolution is indeed the only flashcart that has "proper" support for DSi Enhanced games. It runs off a exploited Cooking Coach rom if you're wondering how they got access to TWL mode.

FateForWindows likes this.