Do downloading CIA's on 3ds leave any permanent traces?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Daniel Sahr, May 7, 2016.

1. Daniel Sahr
    OP

Daniel Sahr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    Basically the title. I try to avoid leaving any traces on my 3ds as possible. Thanks!

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Well besides not appearing on the redownload list in the eshop no

3. Daniel Sahr
    OP

Daniel Sahr GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    New York
    So if I were to delete them, no one would ever see any evidence of them existing? Is there a way to get them off the redownload list?

4. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    What've you been downloading? :creep:

5. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Ur mum

6. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I think that the tickets would persist on your ticket.db, but you can delete them with the latest versions of FBI (not sure?)

Omegadrien likes this.
  7. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    The ticket is left in your ticket database, you can use FBI to remove them, but I'm not sure if they are actually removed or just marked as no longer valid.

The best bet if you want to have a clean slate is restore a nand backup from before you installed anything.

8. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    The CIA's do leave some traces. When installed they place a permanent entry in your ticket.db file. When you visit the the eShop page of a game you installed the CIA for, the eShop will offer to let you re-download the title. While FBI can remove installed tickets it doesn't not remove the entry from your ticket.db. Your ticket.db also survives factory resets and carries over with system transfers. The only way to "clean" it is to restore a backup you have from before you installed any CIA's. This included Homebrew CIA's.