Do decent earbuds under $50 exist

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see Amazon flooded with Chinese buds under $50 some even $20 with 20k plus reviews most are positive. I took a plunge and bought some a couple years ago and one broke with a drop probably and when I did have them the volume level sounded like it was 25% max.

So I'm curious if anyone has actually found some cheap ones on a decent pair of headphones level I'm a bass head so that's preferred. I'd just like something I can sleep with in my ears and all buds seem to fall out pretty easy.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not about brands, but what matters is the frequency of Hz it can achieve.

Anything below 12000Hz is crap.
12000Hz and above is decent.
Above 20000Hz is the glory.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should've mentioned I'm looking for wireless but don't mind wired either.
It's not about brands, but what matters is the frequency of Hz it can achieve.

Anything below 12000Hz is crap.
12000Hz and above is decent.
Above 20000Hz is the glory.

OP says they're a bass head and you're giving high end frequency response recommendations? What if those 20000Hz earbuds don't even come close to hitting 20Hz on the low? Also, a better frequency range does not always equal better sound. Sometimes "You get what you pay for" needs to be taken into consideration.

If OP wants concrete facts instead of recommendations, I advise rtings first and foremost.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP says they're a bass head and you're giving high end frequency response recommendations? What if those 20000Hz earbuds don't even come close to hitting 20Hz on the low? Also, a better frequency range does not always equal better sound. Sometimes "You get what you pay for" needs to be taken into consideration.

If OP wants concrete facts instead of recommendations, I advise rtings first and foremost.
To be honest most listings on Amazon won't even list the hz on them from what I've seen at this point user reviews are mostly what I can go by. I'm on the cheaper sides of audio because with today's tech being so good you honestly won't miss out on much compared to those who may spend $300 on headphones or buds compared to some under $100 or $50.

Then again I'm the same type that won't complain about buying great value over hidden valley ranch, I know one will slightly be better but the taste is still there in the other.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
KZ has some pretty solid ones for pretty cheap. Detachable cables too. I have a pair of KZ ES4s and they sound pretty decent, I hear the KZ ZSN are pretty good too. Also, you can make your KZ ES4/ZSN/whatever into wireless ones if you want, they sell bluetooth cables for them.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest most listings on Amazon won't even list the hz on them from what I've seen at this point user reviews are mostly what I can go by. I'm on the cheaper sides of audio because with today's tech being so good you honestly won't miss out on much compared to those who may spend $300 on headphones or buds compared to some under $100 or $50.

Then again I'm the same type that won't complain about buying great value over hidden valley ranch, I know one will slightly be better but the taste is still there in the other.

That's why you need to look at the rtings reviews that have factual scientific data and evidence, rather than just user reviews and opinions based on nothing but personal preference. Stop reading Amazon reviews and get some real information about what you're going to buy. And I don't mean just the rtings general scores. You need to look at the actual in depth review, graphs, test results, etc. Doesn't matter if Amazon doesn't list that info, rtings does then you can go purchase on Amazon or wherever else.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why you need to look at the rtings reviews that have factual scientific data and evidence, rather than just user reviews and opinions based on nothing but personal preference. Stop reading Amazon reviews and get some real information about what you're going to buy. And I don't mean just the rtings general scores. You need to look at the actual in depth review, graphs, test results, etc. Doesn't matter if Amazon doesn't list that info, rtings does then you can go purchase on Amazon or wherever else.
I highly doubt with all the crap China pushes out there will be that much in depth information on earbuds.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt with all the crap China pushes out there will be that much in depth information on earbuds.

I think you need to go back and read more slowly at what is being said. You're clearly misunderstanding something significant. Did you even go look at rtings? It's a very, VERY well respected site with very in-depth testing done. It's like you're asking for help on what to buy, then intentionally ignoring one of, if not THE best sources of information for you out there.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to go back and read more slowly at what is being said. You're clearly misunderstanding something significant. Did you even go look at rtings? It's a very, VERY well respected site with very in-depth testing done. It's like you're asking for help on what to buy, then intentionally ignoring one of, if not THE best sources of information for you out there.
Um sure all I said was I doubt with all the crap China pushes out there will be information or maybe you didn't get breakfast this morning.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
KZ has some pretty solid ones for pretty cheap. Detachable cables too. I have a pair of KZ ES4s and they sound pretty decent, I hear the KZ ZSN are pretty good too. Also, you can make your KZ ES4/ZSN/whatever into wireless ones if you want, they sell bluetooth cables for them.
Agreed, KZ is honestly the best brand for quality cheap earbuds, they have no reason to sound so good and yet they do, I personally own the KZ ZSN PRO X's and they sound fantastic only costing me about £18 (~$20) they are a bit bright though for my liking but its nothing a simple bump on the low end with an EQ can fix...

If I where you I would buy any of the KZ IEM's listed on their amazon page like the ones mentioned above and then buy the KZ bluetooth adapter which will only cost you about $25, it is true they wont have any fancy features like ANC or touch controls but if you only care about audio quality, it's your best option.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
rtings scores based on bass accuracy where the bass may not be a pronounced as headphones that market for bass lovers. If you want bass heavy headphones you'll want to look at the bass section and look at the charts that have lifted bass even if it's gets an overall bad score. Sometimes though it can drown out the mids and highs if it's poor quality. Rtings sometimes will mention bass heavy alternatives.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! They are on sale, right now. seems legit!
Seems to be the new msrp as of aug, so dont be fooled by the "sale" price

3F2rTP8.png

• Love
Reactions: slaphappygamer

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Um sure all I said was I doubt with all the crap China pushes out there will be information or maybe you didn't get breakfast this morning.
Don't buy the Chinese no-names on Amazon if you care about proven quality, check rtings for the recommended value brands that actually care about quality at lower price points. They regularly test as much as they can at every price point from penny pincher to Rockefeller and then provide comprehensive reviews and testing on all of them. Anything on Amazon that isn't specifying who made it is probably not trustworthy with quality control, you might get lucky but you likely won't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.