Hacking Do custom ios files break sdhc compatibility?

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to load The Beatles: RB from CFG USB Loader, it says my SDHC card is not supported. Obviously, this game supports these cards, however. I'm assuming this is either a problem with my settings or going on what I can gather from my searches, an installed cios.

Can anyone verify this is what is breaking the sdhc support? And if so, what might one do to remedy this?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously isn't a word that Harmonix seems to understand.
tongue.gif

Rockband and Beatles:RB use their own SD code which unfortunately, does not support SDHC at all.

You have to use a non-SDHC card for your RB and RB:B content I'm afraid.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure that's entirely true. If I load the game through my disc channel (as I just did to confirm before posting) it will allow me to enable SD mode with a Kingston 4 GB SDHC card inserted.

Do the same when loading with Hermes 222/223 v4 using CFG USB, and it says the inserted card cannot be used. Through the disc channel, this same card CAN be used. I verified it. This is why I thought it may be related to a custom ios issue.

EDIT: I also went back and tried the same with GH5. From disc, SDHC works perfectly. Through the loader, it returns the same message: the inserted SD card cannot be used.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, Beatles: RB does support SDHC, RB2 doesn't though (at least until Modern Rawkfare comes out
tongue.gif
.)
Second, when you use an backup loader (IE neogamma/USB), they don't support SD cards, SDHC or regular.
Third, in order to use the DLC on from the SD card, you either need to have an legit disc and run it from the disc channel, or install cIOSCORP (read before actually installing as it s dangerous), and run the backup through the disc channel.
If you were to DL the DLC on a backup loader and try to save it on the SD, no matter what, it will be stay on the Wii system memory.

My proof is me running Beatles DLC on my Kingstom 4GB MicroSD SDHC with a backup disc and cIOSCORP.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Teny. I was just trying to get all my discs to load from one place, but will continue playing my music games from discs. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my setup.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
run your backup loader and launch with rebooter. go to the disc channel and running the game through that should also work.
though if you know the risks of cioscorp 3.x and what it does it's worth it for the almost perfect compatibility.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
Thanks Teny. I was just trying to get all my discs to load from one place, but will continue playing my music games from discs. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my setup.

I hear ya with that one... I use USB Loaders for everything. Well, except Music games. I have to use SoftChip, cIOS's 222 and 223 and back up discs. I found playing them through USB was A) Unreliable (GH5 constantly stuttered/crashed) B) A pain in the @$$ to get all the USB Instruments working, with one port already taken up with the Harddrive.

Conveniently, softchip is very easy to use, and not much more of a nuisance.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hard mod takes care of all of that for me, but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks guys for explaining. I like to keep the kinks out of my system, and this would have driven me nuts.

D

Deleted User

Eddie_Brock said:
I hear ya with that one... I use USB Loaders for everything. Well, except Music games. I have to use SoftChip, cIOS's 222 and 223 and back up discs. I found playing them through USB was A) Unreliable (GH5 constantly stuttered/crashed) B) A pain in the @$$ to get all the USB Instruments working, with one port already taken up with the Harddrive.

Conveniently, softchip is very easy to use, and not much more of a nuisance.

Eddie, how exactly did you get yours to work from Softchip? Specifically, what did you install as 222 and 223? I can load GH5 through the cIOS37 but no SDHC support, although regular SD works fine. I can load Beatles:RB through 249 and same thing. When I try GH5 through 222 or 223 I get the black screen. But when I try to load GH5 through USB Loader GX on 223 it runs just fine (still no SDHC support though).

I did 38 on 222 and 38 w/ 37 on 223.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM