Do Chinese versions of NDS games exist?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by NextStep, Dec 12, 2007.

Dec 12, 2007
  1. NextStep
    OP

Member NextStep GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi, I'd like to know if there are any Chinese language NDS games?

if so, msg me for details pls.

Also, I post this in two different forums sections, cause didn't know in which it fall into.

2. rmco2003

Member rmco2003 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There are chinese version games but they only work on chinese iQue DS consoles as they have a larger firmware with a full chinese font embedded. No$GBA is capable of running them if you have a dumped chinese firmware though.

3. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    There are certain DS games that are made in Chinese, although there are not a whole lot of them, like with most platforms. Some games come embedded with multiple language scripts (especially for European games)

4. eatingkorn

Newcomer eatingkorn Newbie

Australia
    Did you mean games made in Chinese or translated into Chinese?

I know theres about 20-30 games translated into Chinese. I played the Chinese version of ASH (that 2mbit RPG), and it worked on my g6 Lite, so I assume they would work on any cart. I'm hoping they can translate Tales of Innocence soon.

As for games made in Chinese... no idea.

5. Solariz

Newcomer Solariz Member

Germany
    Japanese != Chinese^^

6. eatingkorn

Australia
    Nah, I meant I played a '99% translated into Chinese' version of ASH (obviously because I could read Chinese hehe), not Japanese. There are several Chinese translation groups working on NDS roms. But they still take quite a while to release translated versions, due to the large amount of text in RPGs.

I found them on the Chinaemu website.

7. TSPhoenix

Member TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    That doesn't make it a Chinese game/ROM though, just like how an English translation of a Japanese games is technically still a Japanese game.

Unless patched otherwise the translated ROM will still save and otherwise behave like the game of its original language.

8. eatingkorn

Australia
    Yeh the original poster said Chinese language NDS games, which could mean games translated into Chinese or Chinese made games. I asked that to the original poster in an earlier post, but no reply.

I guess the other thread (he made 2) is more active than this one. But it seems like he was looking for Chinese made games rather than translated so ya, I wouldn't know much about those as stated earlier.

9. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
  10. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Same thread. Two places.