Gaming Do Chinese versions of NDS games exist?

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'd like to know if there are any Chinese language NDS games?

if so, msg me for details pls.

Also, I post this in two different forums sections, cause didn't know in which it fall into.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken they're all nuked because they're actually iQue DS games, which normally can't run on a Nintendo DS.
Also, I post this in two different forums sections, cause didn't know in which it fall into.
Don't do that, it's annoying. Just post it in one section, even if it's the wrong one.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they're playable on this system:
nintendo-ique-ds-lite02.jpg

U610P115T9D119270F167DT20050726111414_c.jpg

Omg! Zero Mission on the DS D:

If you search on certain sites, you can find them:
6y5gkcm.png

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't play Chinese games on any other ds because they lack Chinese charecters support. However iQue DS can be used to play all other DS games.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone has mentioned the iQue now but I seem to recall iQue games working for some on standard DS models.

Also Chinese translations (normally from Japanese) are prolific (I reckon there are easily more Chinese translations (normally simplified) than there are for all the other languages combined).

Alas I have not been paying much attention to the Chinese translation scene (Chinese language stuff aside from the flash cart makers and occasionally stuff like crystaltile2 seems to be the only language not represented by major sites) so I am afraid I will have to point you towards yyjoy/ndsbbs and co.
http://www.ndsbbs.com/

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I remember rightly the only difference between a Nintendo DS and an iQue DS was the iQue DS had an extended firmware to cope with the Chinese character set.

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just remembered i made this topic. too busy with finals these days.

anyways, i wanted to say "thanks for the replies"
smile.gif

its too bad i cant play chinese NDS games, but the info about the iQue is really interesting.

thanks again

edit: i definitely would've bought one when i was in HK and China this summer if i had known about them beforehand, missed my chance.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The translations work fine on normal DS models (more the exception than the rule but the Chinese version of Zelda appeared before the US one).

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese games work on any DS. I can run them on my R4 as clean roms and you can IPS patch them to work on the NCard. What it means by "larger firmware chip to cope with the chinese characters" is that the MENU(pictochat, DlPlay) needs to be in chinese, which the standard 512Kb ds FW chip can't hold. The iQue games are not nukes and play fine on any flashcart, but I assume that a real iQueDS cart could not display the title in the main menu of a nintendoDS. It would probably be random letters because it can't display the chinese characters.

I have played iQue games on my japanese and american DS's without installing flashme. You guys know not of what you speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over