Homebrew Do both xci and nsp files install to the emutendo folder?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are indeed talking about installing XCI files: Yes. As long as you are inside emuMMC/emuNAND and have set up your folder as "emutendo", then anything that you install will go into that folder.
There's no difference between installing XCI or NSP files, at least if you look at the outcome. Those installers that are able to install XCIs are just converting them to NSPs before.

However, if you're talking about mounting XCIs so they are getting an icon on your homescreen, then no: They are technically inside your nand. If you're inside your emuMMC/emuNAND, that nand is most likely the hidden partition on your SD card.

However, I guess the main intention of asking this was to make sure that whatever you do inside emuMMC/emuNAND does not interfere with your sysNAND which uses the Nintendo folder instead. Don't be afraid, that does not happen.

lonestarrisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emutendo folder has gotten so big that its interfering with how many games I can put on the console. It's over 70 gb now. I was hoping I could back up my saves, delete the emutendo folder, and change up my game collection and restore the saves to a select few games. Isn't the emutendo folder is automatically generated when you install a game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free