Hacking Do backup launchers read originals at 3x?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,550
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
Random question.
I know they read backups at 3x, but how about if i were to load an original using gamma launcher?

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
Random question.
I know they read backups at 3x, but how about if i were to load an original using gamma launcher?

Err..I'm pretty sure that originals don't load using backup launcher. I think I remember accidentally leaving my original of Mario Kart Wii in thinking it was a different game and it gave a DRE.

Why would you want to load originals anyway, lol.

D

Deleted User

OP
trancepara said:
dnmn8e said:
Random question.

Err..I'm pretty sure that originals don't load using backup launcher. I think I remember accidentally leaving my original of Mario Kart Wii in thinking it was a different game and it gave a DRE.

No reason, just if the originals are read at 6x, then maybe the coders are doing something that's restricting only backups?
I'm assuming they are being read at 3x, as its the software's error and not the media the software is on.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
trancepara said:
dnmn8e said:
Random question.

No reason, just if the originals are read at 6x, then maybe the coders are doing something that's restricting only backups?
I'm assuming they are being read at 3x, as its the software's error and not the media the software is on.

Ah. My guess is that it would read at 3x anyways since homebrew is unable to touch the drive speed settings.

There was actually a forum thread that eventually lead to a link that explained why homebrew is supposed to never achieve 6x read speed. I just don't remember where.
wacko.gif

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trancepara said:
dnmn8e said:
Random question.

Well I must have a special backup loader, I left my original GH:WT disc in and it played fine
rolleyes.gif

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thawkins1 said:
trancepara said:
dnmn8e said:
Random question.

Well I must have a special backup loader, I left my original GH:WT disc in and it played fine
rolleyes.gif

This was back before gamma so I just kinda assumed it was the same way with gamma, my bad.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, i thought the game loading code is the same for 1:1 backups and originals. GeckoOS would run originals at 3x if the backup launchers did.

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Gamma to launch my original No More Heroes so I could use the Ocarina codes, there was absolutely no difference in load times and no glitches, so unless Gamma plays NMH perfectly at 3x then I'd say it's definitely 6x.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kekkon said:
I used Gamma to launch my original No More Heroes so I could use the Ocarina codes, there was absolutely no difference in load times and no glitches, so unless Gamma plays NMH perfectly at 3x then I'd say it's definitely 6x.
Ever heard of GeckoOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality